DOL-001 JPN Want to play backups from SD but can't read discs

All your console related questions and answers :)
nekojosh

DOL-001 JPN Want to play backups from SD but can't read discs

Post by nekojosh » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:58 am

Hi everyone, I'm new to the NGC hacking scene and I'm looking for some guidance, although I've read some stuff that indicate that I might be SoL.

So, as I mentioned in the subject, I have JPN DOL-001 which I want to mod, doesn't matter if it requires soldering, so that I can play backups from an SD card.
However, this NGC refuses to read discs even after I have replaced the laser it still won't read them. I think I've had terrible luck getting good lasers.
So what I'm looking for is a way in which I can boot game from an SD card without the need of using any boot disc to start.
From what I read it seems that my only hope might be the GC Loader but those are out of stock on black-dog.tech.

With all this said, is there any alternative that would allow me to play backups from an SD card without having to boot from a disc?

Thanks in advance for your help!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: DOL-001 JPN Want to play backups from SD but can't read discs

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:26 pm

If you're patient you can wait for a FlippyBoot IPL replacement that's currently in development. It'll allow you to boot Swiss without a working drive
nekojosh

Post by nekojosh » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:34 pm

Oh, didn't know about that one. I'll read about it and decide from there. Thanks!
yo1dog

Post by yo1dog » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:32 pm

Have you seen PicoBoot? It's an IPL injection mod using a Raspberry Pi Pico. No disc required.

https://github.com/webhdx/PicoBoot