GameCube reads everything else but colosseum has trouble. Help?

All your console related questions and answers :)
portal2player

GameCube reads everything else but colosseum has trouble. Help?

Post by portal2player » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:22 am

So I have a GameCube that runs fine and plays everything with no issues but for some reason it has trouble with colosseum when it used to not.. I've today taken colosseum to a retro video game shop and they took a look at the disc and despite it was scratched some (because age) it worked instantly in their gamecube they had playing games (despite it was yellowed to who knows what) and then tried with my GameCube and my GameCube didn't want to load the game so the resurfaced it once and once again their GameCube would read it immediately but mine wouldn't. So they resurfaced it again to clear up any more scratches if any and again three for three their gamecube would load it but mine wouldn't. Tried all the other games as well I have and they all worked even gale of darkness worked on my console (and still do.) So me and the employees and even the manager figured it was something with the console. The issue lies with what could that issue even remotely be???? I already tried calibration of the potinmeter or whatever the little screw is that controls the signal or the lens power usage or something. That showed some promising results but briefly as if I restart the gamecube (reset button) or turn off the gamecube fully. it will read the disc but the instant it gets past the "Nintendo" logo screen before the Pokemon company international logo it stops spinning and gives the disc could not be read error.... I even gave the console a deep clean and check up and there's no signs of any damage or anything... So I need help and this is probably the best place to ask about something like this... I can't tell if it's the capacitors, the drive itself, or a bad laser???? My GameCube is giving me no signs of anything to figure out what the problem is and why it's only limited to colosseum. If anyone knows what can be done or what the issue even is at this point please let me know.. (the gamecube is a DOL-001 model. Never been modded.)