How would I find 60hz code address?

All your console related questions and answers :)
Discordian

How would I find 60hz code address?

Post by Discordian » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:49 pm

Hey, huge fan of this forum, longtime lurker.

I've been messing around with Gauntlet: Dark Legacy today. On the Dolphin wiki there are 2 60hz codes: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php? ... ark_Legacy

They're quite different from eachother, one is for PAL rev0 (the only revision), the other for NTSC rev0. I want to find a code for NTSC rev1. I was wondering how these codes are found, what process is followed? Is it possible to find the code on Dolphin using their cheat search? What's the best technique?

I tried a few things today including limiting where I'm searching in memory ... but because it's a static value, I'm struggling with what process to follow. It's usually pretty easy to find values which change a lot, but I'm not sure where to begin here. Not to mention the PAL and NTSC codes are quite different. Honestly not sure why the hex value is "60000000" for the NTSC release, and I can't even find the number 60 in the PAL code.

Anyways, while I would like to have the code, I'm much more interested in knowing how to find it myself so I can possibly help contribute one day. This seems like the best forum to ask as it's a treasure-trove of codes, there's a lot of knowledge here.

P.S. I happen to be using Dolphin rn. However I have a modded Wii & WiiU (/w Nintendont), as well as an unmodded GameCube (which probably wouldn't mind being modded). So if using real hardware is easier, happy to do so. Wouldn't mind buying more hardware if it makes anything easier too. I wasn't sure what subforum to post to, ended up here. Plz move if wrong.

Edit: Looks like the codes for PAL are resolutions. This is 608x448 anyways: 026001C0. I guess that forces it to 60hz? So for gauntlet ... is it the PAL version has no frame limiter, but the NTSC version caps at 60fps sometimes?
Papy.G

Re: How would I find 60hz code address?

Post by Papy.G » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:29 pm

I wonder why is there recently so many requests about 60Hz AR codes? :shock:

Second, why would you need 60Hz code on an NTSC native game?

Third, your GC doesn't need hardware modding as you have a modded Wii (hope this is an RVL-001) to set up a game save exploit, then use SWISS and won't need any AR code for so many more video tweaks than just forcing 60Hz.

Real hardware rocks!
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)