FlashCards & Kernels

DS/DSL/DSi discussions here
inukaze

FlashCards & Kernels

Post by inukaze » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:39 am

Someone need to complete this topic , ok , much information in sites like (in spanish) :
http://nds.scenebeta.com/

Ok , well .

I have a 2 DS.

The First is a DS
The Second if a DSi

Both use a "R4(i)" respective , well , i thing , we need and a utility to "identify" this "clones" and choice the right kernel , for that flashcard.

The First use a kernel from : www.r4i-gold.cc
The Second use a kernel from : www.r4i-best.com

Ok , well i need a method to use the first r4 in the second r4i , because the first load all games, and the second , just work with some backups , but just a few of them.

In the Second im using this : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3164499/R4i-SDH ... 0V6.89.rar

Well , this is called "YSMenu" exist another called "TTMenu" this are a solution for varios types of flashcard (i think that its the better , just one launcher , to launch all games or emulators with games)
julius

Re: FlashCards & Kernels

Post by julius » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Since DSTTi has not a fix for ndsi v1.4.4, I use YSMemu with both my nds, nds light and dsi and it works fine for me. The only is that this menu is a thing and another different thing is a firmware update, wich DSTTi does not have since since dsiv1.4.3 update, so if I accidentally upgrade my dsi to v1.4.4, I wont be able to use my flashcart. In your case you can also experiment with Wood Firmwares.
inukaze

Post by inukaze » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 pm

I try it with all Kernels R4 , R4i , R4 for 3DS , and just a few with the red chip flash card , with the another , works fine a lot of kernels like : www.r4i-gold.cc , wood , ttmenu , ysmenu , and any have the files "_DS_MENU.NDS" & "_DS_MENU.DAT" all works with the green chip flash card for "r4"

With a the red chip flash card (for r4i) just work :

YSMenu (6.89RGF)
www.r4i-gold.com
www.r4i-best.com
www.r4i-v.com (this site are dead now)

And a few of kernels with a system file like :

r4.dat , and folders : app , data , moonshl2 , NDSMail , svsip , SYSTEM or
r4.dat , YSMENU.NDS , TTMenu.dat , TTMenu.sys and folder TTMenu

Something like that works , but its very hard , found an update Kernel or Firmware of that , the NDSi Official Firmware are : 1.4U , and i dont know how to update with another , because i found anothers Kernels, and when boot ndsi , show me a text "Please , Update your firmware in order to boot loader properly" or somehing like that.

Well , the another thing , i dont know , what are the more right Firmware , for the NDSi , and the most recently games , because i the ndsi i cant play (all are EUR Games with Spanish , Im from Venezuela, and Speak Spanish) :
i try with clean rom , and with fixes games and none works with the r4i , but in the r4 green flashcard , works all clean games

Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Profersor Layton & Call of Spectre
Inazuma Eleven 2 : Blizzard . . .
Mario & Luigui : Patners In Time
Mario & Luigui : Bowser Inside Story
Kingdom hearts : 358/2
Kingdom hearts : Re-Coded
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's : Over The Nexus

Castlevania : Portrait Of Ruin , this works , with errors , i cant save for example first save in 20 mins of games , and another save in a 30 mins of gameplay , the game hang up , or if i save and talk with someone , like for example , in the begining of game, well you talk with the phamton called "wind" , and save it , the game , hang up too

And well , i wanna play this game , but none work , with the R4i. someone can explainme what "firmware" replacement i can use with this "cursed flashcard with red chip" XD

Well "julius" you can compress in a "rar" or "zip" file , the files you use with your "ndsi" for my try it in that flashcard please ???

Thank you for all
julius

Post by julius » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:15 am

Well, there are lots of R4 clones in fact, they say DSTT and DSTTi are R4 clones, that´s why your R4 works with the ttmenu. I suggest you to identify what R4 clone do you have, google the exact name in order to find the firmware updates for you card and then download the last version of YSmenu or Wood firmware (this could be useful http://www.r4wood.com/) . Remenber to upgrade the card firmware in a ndsi with an older version than the one you are going to upgrade, or with a nds or nds light. For example, if your flashcard has the 1.4.1u firmware and you wish to upgrade to 1.4.4u, you must use a ndsi with v1.4.0u firmware or lower or a nds/nds light to avoid bricking your flashcart. It´s strange that your flashcart has those issues with Castlevania P.O.R., I recomend you to make a backup of your microsd and format it with the panasonic sd formatter. I do not send you the files I use because I use an outdated version of YSmenu, I live in Dominican Republic and play NTSC games and even some japanese patched games like Tales of Innocense, and they run flawlessly; I´m must focused these days on homebrew (dsx86, dslinux, md wi-fi, neo-ds, etc.), but that does not mean I´m not interested in a firmware update for my card, the matter is that the guys of my card official site are not interested in release a firmware update. At least with Ysmenu I can load games that official kernel does not load.
inukaze

Post by inukaze » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:09 pm

OK i cant now identify that R4 , my solution was bought another R4 , and use the same YSMenu , and is solve i can play all except Castlevania Portrait Of Ruin (Dont Load)
julius

Post by julius » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Flashcart:DSTTi
Card:2 gb (no mark)
Rom:Castlevania Portrait of Ruin (US), trimmed
Loader:YSMenu v6.81
Results:Working

I recommend you to format your micro sd with Panasonic sd formatter and download the latest YSMenu, v6.95, wich now supports encripted roms.