About the GBA link cable

DS/DSL/DSi discussions here
47iscool

About the GBA link cable

Post by 47iscool » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:00 am

Was just wondering if anybody had ever written an app to send homebrew to the GBA using the link cable. I have tried replacing files inside of games like Wind Waker's "client_u.bin" and client_ud.bin which are GBA apps with small GBA ROMs such as the GameShark ROM which is 256 KB but to no avail. The client_u.bin will not load on a GBA emulator but it does tell the information on as well. To be sure I have looked at it and an actual GBA ROM and the header value(2E0000EA24FFAE51) are the same.
AC_Orange

Re: About the GBA link cable

Post by AC_Orange » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:56 pm

I remember sending smaller rom files to my GBA using that cable just don't know what program I used.

The two I've tried was Super Mario Bros. and Puyo Puyo Endless Version. If I find it will let you know
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:35 am

AC_Orange wrote:I remember sending smaller rom files to my GBA using that cable just don't know what program I used.

The two I've tried was Super Mario Bros. and Puyo Puyo Endless Version. If I find it will let you know
That would be great, thanks.
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:20 pm

What I managed to find was two gcms, one with super mario bros in it, and other one with puyo pop. So my guess is, I used some sort of a program to inject those roms and just load the gcm with psoload.

If I find out the name of the program I used will let you know