Supercard MiniSD, changing dead backup battery or… just rip it off

DS/DSL/DSi discussions here
Papy.G

Supercard MiniSD, changing dead backup battery or… just rip it off

Post by Papy.G » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:05 am

Hello, because of the very low compatibility of the SC MiniSD with GBA games, (this card was in fact mainly designed to run DS games) I never had a use for the save feature untill recently. :roll:

The problem is the battery was drained so much it didn't allow the quick power cycle to be performed, no matter how fast I can perform it.
So I decided to change the battery, but with a little mod: a button to power the cart only when needed, in order to keep the battery good as long as I don't use it.
scminisdin.jpg
Inside with a cr1616 and the switch
(199.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
scminisdout.jpg
Outside with the glued button
(149.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I then realized that even when I don't press the button, it keeps the saves long enough to allow the QPC to be done.

So I'm gonna run tests to see how long it keeps the save data without errors.

If you have such a cart with dead battery try just to rip it off first, and see if it work well without it.

Mine is supposed to be a fake one, unless it had the QC sticker, the plastic is poor, the sticker print is bad, and some people pretend the real ones can run MKSS full speed, I never managed to do so, and I'm curious to see people doing so, and would appreciate to try their modded rom, since the windows software usually messes with the roms, when they are not just not clean from the beginning.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)