NDS battery capacity

DS/DSL/DSi discussions here
Shinebi

NDS battery capacity

Post by Shinebi » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:10 pm

I was just browsing online to check for a large capacity battery for the regular DS... My battery is still going strong though.
It seems the only type available is 850 mAh... which is a shame I think as the DSL's batteries go up to 2000 mAh (probably because of the light settings).

Has anyone ever seen high-capacity batteries for the regular DS?

Suddenly I remembered this piggyback solution wich Lik-Sang offered when they were still in business...

And voilà, I got it here: http://videogame.brando.com/external-ba ... 0d008.html

Ordered one, hopefully the build quality isn't too feeble (look at the reflection in the third thumbnail :| ) and it won't take 3 weeks to get here.
Shinebi

Re: NDS battery capacity

Post by Shinebi » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Good news: the package arrived last Friday, on the 12th (so it took only 8 days!). Unfortunately I wasn't at home at the time of delivery, and had to pick it up at the post office just now.

Another nice bonus is that the said battery expansion ISN'T 850 mAh, instead it's 1150 mAh!

First time order from there, but I can recommend service and speed. Kudos.
No, I'm not on a commission, just wanted to inform. :lol:
Pics:

EDIT:
Seems to be dead... :(
Gonne rewire it, crappy solder job might be the cause.

EDIT 2:
Hmmm... it says 850 mAh on the underside's casing.
KirovAir

Post by KirovAir » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:42 pm

I'm interested in this.
Please post if you can get it working. :)
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."
Shinebi

Post by Shinebi » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:13 am

Put some new cabling on it, and just managed to close it back up as it's a tight fit.
When I switch to the original battery with the on-board switch and hold the power button down, it does manage to boot up sometimes...

My guess is that they did something wrong with the wiring.
Problem is that there's this small printplate on top of the incuded battery, and I can't really make out how the circuitry underneath is...
Maybe I'll take a pic soon.
Shinebi

Post by Shinebi » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:40 am

Just one more thing I must say is that their after-sales service is top notch.
I got contacted by their representative, updated on every step taken, AND gotten a full refund to my PayPal account without having to send the broken item to them...

Unfortunately, they couldn't send another unit over, as I've been told it was the last of their stock.

Dammit... oh wel, no loss.