Gamecube swiss help

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
ThomasEngine

Gamecube swiss help

Post by ThomasEngine » Tue May 04, 2021 3:05 pm

Hello I just got into the Gamecube and wanted to know the easiest way to run swiss. I need it to force run games in 480p. I have the official gc memory card and a copy of wind waker. Do I need an SD card and SD card reader? Can you switch memory cards in swiss I have a bigger one that I store all my game saves in? Thank you.
Papy.G

Re: Gamecube swiss help

Post by Papy.G » Tue May 04, 2021 9:45 pm

Hello and welcome.

There is no right or wrong way to run Swiss, all depends on what you want, how long you can wait from boot to Swiss, and how much money you want to spend for it.
You're almost set up for the save exploit way, if you have a wii rvl-001 (gc compatible) handy, you can put an exploit on the memcard running gcmm off the letterbomb exploit. Or get a friend do it for you, or buy a pre-loaded memcard.

Sdcard and reader (any flavour, sd2sp2 or sdgecko/WiiSD) will be better for Swiss's funcionnalities, as long as the sd size fit in it and the gc has the port.

You can swap memcards before launching games, the most convenient way for me is to have exploits for zelda and saves of my other games on the bigger, then exploits for my other games and real zelda saves on the smallest, so I very rarely have to swap memcards once the GC is turned on.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)