FFCC in first person

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
wolforedark

FFCC in first person

Post by wolforedark » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:42 pm

Hello, is there currently any mod or AR code to make this game first person? If there are not, would it be hard to create? Thanks.
Papy.G

Re: FFCC in first person

Post by Papy.G » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:48 am

It is very unlikely since the field of view for top-down and first person rendering is very different, so the area for which the models are pre-loaded won't be the same, it would need changing the whole rendering engine. This is more a Job for those who make ports to unreal engine than just an AR code.

I'm not much into 3D rendering, but this can be not that much more work to port the models into an unreal engine VR renderer than with another first (or third, which in that case must be more appropriate, to enjoy the characters' models) person.

Unless someone makes a mashup port (mod) with something like WW or SMS engine, but still, there are some in-games interactions that may need adjustments or adaptations.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
wolforedark

Post by wolforedark » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:46 am

Papy.G wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:48 am
Unless someone makes a mashup port (mod) with something like WW or SMS engine, but still, there are some in-games interactions that may need adjustments or adaptations.
Sorry, I'm new to this forum, what is that WW or SMS engine you are talking about? And about the unreal port, I tried to bring it to Unity, i used ninja ripper and i could bring some towns for example, they work the best. But that would mean I have to make the game from scratch rigth? animations, interactions, recipes, etc. etc. or am I missing something?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:45 pm

Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine, two third person games on the GameCube.

Porting to unreal is a huge work of making almost all from scratch, as I suppose.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)