Mario Kart: Double Dash LAN (2 Wii's) HELP!!

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
chorgox

Re: Mario Kart: Double Dash LAN (2 Wii's) HELP!!

Post by chorgox » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:52 am

I would try to get that router and report thanks
gc4eva

Post by gc4eva » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:37 pm

Hello,

I log it this time.

The setup1 is with one gamecube + wii1= connection succes.

Setup2 with one gamecube + wii1 + wii2 = connect succes with wii1 when wii 2 is added to it, the wii2 get frozen at counting at 172. gamecube says 3 gamecubes and wii1 tells 2 gamecube are connected and wii 2 says frozen at 172. only thing what I can do at wii2 push button b to resolve the problem.

link of the loging:
http://pastebin.com/ibkLPJ2s
gc4eva

Post by gc4eva » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:35 pm

tueidj wrote:You haven't even posted any logs.
There is a log. can you please look what is the problem?
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:58 am

Where's the log from the other wii?
Why are the set DNS servers unreachable?
gc4eva

Post by gc4eva » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:36 pm

tueidj wrote:Where's the log from the other wii?
This is wii 1 and used before
http://pastebin.com/cgsyhRnS

This is wii 2 and has a older version because I thought that it has to do with the version.
http://pastebin.com/yhntLVDp

So what did I do.

First the gamecube than I boot up the wii2 and made connection with lan mode. Then start also log the second wii that is wii1 and than start lan mode on the wii1 till it get generaly frozen at counting on 172. The real gamecube says 3 gamecubes, wii 2 display only 2 gamecubes. this was logged.

Funny part is when I push wii2 on the button b than wii1 is accept and will display 2 gamecubes what was before on frozen mode and also the real gamecube says 2 gamecubes. when I now add the wii2 on the lan mode again it will frozen on counting 172. Now I wii1 on the button b wii 2 is accepted what wii1 was saying before. how come ??? you have now the log file.

Where do you see that dns is failed ?? from the earlier log??
gc4eva

Post by gc4eva » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:50 pm

tueidj wrote:Where's the log from the other wii?
Did you maybe had a look on it ? or are the logs not good ?
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:21 am

There's no errors in the logs so your router must just be dropping packets.
gc4eva

Post by gc4eva » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:55 pm

tueidj wrote:There's no errors in the logs so your router must just be dropping packets.
How is that possible ?

With a pc this is not a problem or more gamecubes. It always happen when there is 2 wii's is it possible that they have the same name or is the wii version so unstable when there is packets are lost ? because when one wii cancel the other one that was frozen will direct been accepted. Why does this happen if I might ask ??
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:04 am

UDP is a "best effort" protocol; devices are allowed to drop packets if they're too busy/don't have enough memory etc. This is what your router is doing.
On my home network I have no problems using four wiis to play together, all using wifi. There is nothing wrong with the software, your network gear is just junk.
chorgox

Post by chorgox » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:16 pm

Hello tueidj

Sorry i been a bit short of money to buy the new router, but i may get one next week, i been looking for the one you got is sold as Linksys EA4500 N900 and here where i live is pretty much the same money that the Linksys EA6300 AC1200, would you recommend one over the other?

My only concern is to play MK DD so in case you don't know i would go for the EA4500

Many thanks
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:53 pm

I'm pretty sure they'd perform exactly the same for wiis (802.11b) or wiius (802.11n).
chorgox

Post by chorgox » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:47 am

Thanks for the answer, I order the router not too concern with the wifi I would use them wired anyway. cheers!
chorgox

Post by chorgox » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:09 pm

Router arrived today, been fighting for hours until I switched to setup using my phone and later using win7-Internet explorer... :roll: not the best start

so far the 2 GC see each other but none of the wiis are able to connect to the GC (the stupid interface of the router dont allow me to go to settings or anything im getting errors...

im too tired and pissed to see the reason, using IE already gave me cancer, so i may start again "fresh" tomorrow.
im sure my other modem/router is also not playing ball.

mi wiis are not showing on the "DEVICE LIST" I do see the GC's.. i dont have a clue why or the browser can't go to connectivity menu.
We've encountered an unexpected error. If the issue continues, please visit our Technical Support site.

http://linksys.com/jnap/router/GetWANStatus : {} -- Status: 200 OK Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8 Connection: close Content-Length: 13275 Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 21:52:40 GMT Server: lighttpd/1.4.34
on my android phone the menu is possible to access but there is not much to do, unless i can change something on some advance settings and so on, this is just not working, im amazed how shitty can be the web interface of this router....

When i can fnally enter to the setting / advance settings or something meaningful, there is any setting i should need to make sure is on?

thanks
chorgox

Post by chorgox » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:50 pm

well I find a way to the Advanced settings.. umplugging and plugginf stuff.. im going mad

i finally managed to connect the wiis on the same network than the GC and the SAME THING HAPPENED !!1!!!
conect 2 GC a wii, and when the 2 wii want to connect.. the frezze thingh as always...
must be some router settings or somenthingh tomorrow i would see thew macs and see whats going on..

got a long weekend, with monday bank holidays. tomorrow is another day....
gc4eva

Post by gc4eva » Tue May 03, 2016 6:42 am

I order also the ea6300 ac1200 version. It will arrived today. if you got it working, I would like to know.
chorgox

Post by chorgox » Tue May 03, 2016 8:43 am

I was busy on the weekend but I spend 4 or 5 hours trying to make the thing work.
Under no circumstances the wii was able to connect to another wii

Here 2 pc , 2 GC , 2 Wii to make them work first i need to start with the GC or Pc and the last to "connect" MUST be the wii (we talked about this before, the order to connect the boxes makes a difference)

The router would show every pc/dolphin and every GC as a separate thingh, the wiis would be all togheter, so for the router the wiis are one (here in the pic there is 2 but when i connected one more they would fall in the same box

I disable everything regarding firewalls and shit so the router was just with the pc + wii + gc
since the router have only 4 ports, wiis were connected to wifi. next weekend i would add a switch and test the whole thingh with cables, but i feel that either there is a problem on the setting of the router or I start to think that there is "something" in devolution that just don't work.

If there is any setting on the router that i need know?

cheers
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Wed May 04, 2016 10:41 am

Get the 2 wiis working on their own first without adding anything else (especially Dolphin). If you can't get them to work, on wifi with auto settings for everything, just give up because there is literally nothing to configure.
chorgox

Post by chorgox » Thu May 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Well I did try that already on last weekend, and was not posible wired and wifi.
I guess this is the endgame of the testing then.

I wish a future update on the line can sort this (if is ever possible) and all me gratitude again for making possible what you did.

The memories of playing 8 people with 2 GC + 1 Wii + 1 PC are still present, and would be awesome to do it again in my birthday at the end of the month
gc4eva

Post by gc4eva » Sun May 08, 2016 8:15 pm

Hmmm really, I have the same problem and this time I have the EA6300 ac1200. I never get the 2 wii's to work. It always freeze when the second wii enters in the network with one gc in the network added. only 2 wii will never find each other so I have to add one gc in the network. So what will be the problem that this will not work on wifi or hard wired? this time it is not the router that packages are lost I think??
gc4eva

Post by gc4eva » Thu May 12, 2016 5:30 am

tueidj wrote:I'm pretty sure they'd perform exactly the same for wiis (802.11b) or wiius (802.11n).
Is it possible to create a youtube movie that you have two wii's to work? Also that we can see versions installed on the wii or make a copy of your sd card with the install software that is on your wii, so we can also but the same versions on our wii. Hope to hear soon. Because the router is not the problem any more. I am really currious for the youtube movie with your 2 wii's on it.
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Thu May 12, 2016 10:39 am

Always use the newest release.
chorgox

Post by chorgox » Thu May 12, 2016 3:42 pm

Is it possible to create a youtube movie that you have two wii's to work?
would that make a difference?

tueidj can do magic and have the thing running on his home because he knows his shit

but me or any other mortal would be wise enough to stop this wild-goose chase, there is not such a thingh as 2 wiis working unless you are a genius like tueidj
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Thu May 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Are you sure you had nothing else connected to the router besides the 2 wiis?
chorgox

Post by chorgox » Fri May 13, 2016 7:34 pm

o yes i did try that of course
I did try that wired, wifi with only wiis and they would ignore each other
adding a GC or a PC would make one communicate with the rest (and the other 2 wiis would fail)
gc4eva

Post by gc4eva » Sun May 15, 2016 9:00 pm

chorgox wrote:o yes i did try that of course
I did try that wired, wifi with only wiis and they would ignore each other
adding a GC or a PC would make one communicate with the rest (and the other 2 wiis would fail)
I agree with chorgox. I had the same problem. wired or wifi doesn't work with 2 wii's. Only one wii can be added to pc or gc with a bba.