Uncovered Oficial Nintendo Gamecube Portable*

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
Diego borella

Uncovered Oficial Nintendo Gamecube Portable*

Post by Diego borella » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Recently came out a layout of what would be a project for the official portable Nintendo Gamecube ... :shock:

Would it be a Licensed Portable Gamecube :!: :?:

In this, we return to the old concept that NGC is one of the most enigmatic video game systems in history.

There is also a prototype of a Wiiremote for the NGC.
What do you think, and what can be taken advantage of from the data presented for today? :?: :idea:

It also shows how Big Nintendo is the largest video game producer on planet Earth ...
NGC far ahead of its time.

would that be the secret of Serial Porta 2, or a dock like the Gameboy Player?

The photos are named with due credit. * Speculatory documents. :!:
Attachments
photo @shanebattye.jpg
(431.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
NGC by @spmrp.jpg
(304.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Diego borella on Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SWISS USER :geek:
andzlay

Re: Uncovered Oficial Nintendo Gamecube Portable*

Post by andzlay » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:25 pm

That WiiMote stuff is from the prototyping era of the Wii.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:41 pm

This can be very much a sketch of the Dolphin project, not another portable variant of this console, many things kept in the final product wouldn't have been needed otherwise, the 8cm DVDs, controller connectors on another board, and very small footprint MB haven't been worth it, to begin with, one can pretend it was a designer choice, but 12cm CDs could have fit in the cube, and for copy prevention, they could have gone for a totally off standard 10CM media.

While USB2, WiFi, controller connector on the portable, TV tuner, MPEG4 encoder, the LCD backilght technology (LED), ratio and resolution… All those details make it just sound like a fake, may be based upon an authentic one, and upgraded to whatever the guy dreamt about.

Some of the concepts (when/if legit) were put aside for later projects, Wii or further, but the GC Wiimote and Wiibar really exist and probably have been provided to the developpers for gameplay adjustments, in the meantime while WiiGames were first developped on the GC (Twilight Princess, for example). The WiiBar memcard connector is the microphone's, it is labelled DOL-022.

Looking further at these pictures, some details bug me, why would the A button be already named A when there were already another one (the 1 & 2)? Why wouldn't they print anything else on the wiimote, as all already bear their own letter?
Why would there already have the slits on the Wiimote?
Unless it was not to unveil what would have been the final one…
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:00 pm

That's a legit diagram from the leaks.
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:34 pm

is this a data leak, officer ...?
Are data discontinued, would it be a problem? I don't think so, as it is something that gives rise to the NGC:

If Nintendo made a classic GAMECUBE MINI console. homebrew would not be the problem. on the contrary: they would all be sold and obviously modified, so that they would sell more ...

It would have to come in color and with gamecube controller inputs.
obsession with the emulator and the explorer is the impetus for a generation.

despite this, the concept of native Run; and the most important.

I see SWISS as something clean and contrary to what can be said; maintains and ELEVATES the Nintendo Gamecube to the place of primacy, as it sold less than the N64, but has more games.
The expression of a video game, the largest among laser media players.
above and ahead of its time.

What is expected is the conservation of the NGC collection with the homebrew scene, squeezing everything that the NGC has to offer.

as for the portable gamecube, the Switch is. :!: :idea:
capzlk

Post by capzlk » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:04 pm

this is definitely prototyping for the wii, there are also versions of metroid prime 3 for this hardware. in terms of a gc mini, i think it would be more beneficial if they add it to the eshop as downloads, thats probably what the super mario collection is. emulating NGC on the switch is likely not performing well enough so they are porting the best titles that have the best chance of good sales
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:34 pm

Nothing gets out of my head that Nintendo is the biggest video game producer in the world.
As for mini video games, by speculation it seems that Nintendo is not thinking about stopping the release of mini consoles...
it seems that here comes another ...

Papy.G wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:41 pm
Looking further at these pictures, some details bug me, why would the A button be already named A when there were already another one (the 1 & 2)? Why wouldn't they print anything else on the wiimote, as all already bear their own letter?
Why would there already have the slits on the Wiimote?
Unless it was not to unveil what would have been the final one…
Well, it must be because it's a prototype, they have everything in temporary working order. at the end, instead of A-B, came 1 and 2. C changed shape; and I don't understand what you mean by "slit"...
capzlk wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:04 pm
this is definitely prototyping for the wii,
From the information I got, I must say that the Wiimote is a "Dolphin Revolution" project.
How was it with Zelda TP>
I saw the metroid 3 you said running, but it's running in Dolphin's devkit. by a programming cartridge.
as you can see in the photos, and in the information found on the web; it all started at the NGC...
It would be like Virtualboy, many say it was a failure; well, it may have been a flop, but Virtualboy is today's virtual reality goggles.
The point is that Gumpei didn't have the technology for his idea at the time. Like this wiimote there.

So I look at the Wiimote, from these photos, and highlight how the NGC was way ahead of its time.

Note that this "NGC-SWITCH" portability project was thought of in 2000.

In this, I hope that SWITCH will have even more success, with gamecube games released, even if it is with rewritten source code like Mario Sunshine.

I believe the portable gamecube design was only possible after almost 20 years for technology reasons.
VordFilly

Post by VordFilly » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:55 pm

It's interesting. I haven't heard of Metroid Prime 3
Fill, developer
employee time tracking
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:59 pm

it was a project started on the Gamecube and completed on the Wii.
It's the same Wii "Metroid Prime 3 Corruption"! :o

Unfortunately, NGC was not the commercial success that Nintendo had hoped for, and the project progressed to Revolution. :cry:

but the question now opens a question about something:
if the project was Dolphin, running on a Dolphin devkit with more memory; how would Nintendo run this game on the NGC when it would require more memory?
I think the logical answer would be an expansion through the high-speed port where the gameboy player fits. :idea:
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:23 am

There are two ways of addressing this issue, of both you have examples in the previous generation consoles:
Strip down the game, simpler models, smaller textures, shorter depth of field. As was made for the N64 port of cruisn'usa.
Beef up the machine, as was made with the memory expansion pack.

The problem is the memory bus was used by the GBPlayer so it would need a way to daisy stack them.

I suspect that the first intention was to use the high speed port for a memory extension. Otherwise, the connector hole wouldn't need to have this shape (look at the stack-up addon expansion connectors under the three former nintendo consoles to see what I mean). This square hole is clearly big enough to shelter a RAM expansion.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:24 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:41 pm
I just want to point out that the initial public reveal of the "Revolution" controller from 2005 had a lowercase a and b on what became 1 and 2 in the final product (click the first image and zoom in): While the seemingly even earlier version (note the GameCube-grey colored analog stick on the nunchuck) shown in the unveiling trailer during Iwata's keynote at TGS 2005 had the lowercase a and b next to the aforementioned buttons like in the photos in the first post, but instead X and Y were printed on the buttons directly (most easily seen at 5:19 in the following video): Also keep in mind that even the retail-released classic controller has "Start" and "Select" text located below the plus and minus buttons in a similar fashion despite those buttons also having plus and minus already printed on them.

Another possibly slightly newer revision shows the smaller a and b text being removed while retaining the x and y, but this time with x and y being in lowercase (click the image to see the full controller)
It's also worth noting that the initially-revealed "Revolution" controller also has Select and Start in the exact same way as the remote in the first post.

On the subject of prototype Wii controllers, the controllers used at E3 2006 apparently had pause and back rather than plus and minus:
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:48 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:23 am
The problem is the memory bus was used by the GBPlayer so it would need a way to daisy stack them.

This square hole is clearly big enough to shelter a RAM expansion.
Extrems wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:00 pm
that's really what i was thinking.
I think it would be an expansion there. but knowing a Nintendo, I believe this would happen via software.
that stacking you say wouldn't, be possible with the Game Boy player, and a 8 megabit nintendo DS expansion cartridge? :?: :?: :?: