Can anyone help me answer a few questions about Swiss please?

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
BarateGites

Can anyone help me answer a few questions about Swiss please?

Post by BarateGites » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:37 am

I recently bought a GameCube that has a Xeno chip installed, SD Gecko adapter, Swiss V0.4 disk, and a 64GB SD preloaded with a ton of games. I’m not a complete noob with this kind of stuff as I’ve chipped and modded consoles over the years, but I just can’t find a great deal of information about Swiss and I’m a little lost.

My questions are:

The gcforever wiki compatibility list has Killer 7 highlighted in red not working but for me it works perfectly fine. Has this list not been updated?

Will I need an official or third party memory card? Can I save using an microSD or a virtual card?

Some of the settings within Swiss are a little foreign to me. Does anyone have a guide that lists what each setting individually does?
Andross89

Re: Can anyone help me answer a few questions about Swiss please?

Post by Andross89 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:48 pm

BarateGites wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:37 am
The gcforever wiki compatibility list has Killer 7 highlighted in red not working but for me it works perfectly fine. Has this list not been updated?
I think the list has not been updated for many years. And it takes a lot of time to test all the games again after a new version of Swiss is released. No one should have fun doing this.
BarateGites wrote:
Will I need an official or third party memory card? Can I save using an microSD or a virtual card?
You can use any compatible memory card. But you should always update the Swiss. Like other functions, the virtual memory card may not work in some games.
BarateGites wrote:
Some of the settings within Swiss are a little foreign to me. Does anyone have a guide that lists what each setting individually does?
Swiss functions are removed or included in new versions. Any guide must be outdated. You need to be specific about the function you want explanation. Or expect someone here to list everyone they know on this topic.
retro

Re: Can anyone help me answer a few questions about Swiss please?

Post by retro » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:34 am

BarateGites wrote:
Can I save using an microSD or a virtual card?
Yes, you will need an SD2SP2 adapter. See https://castlemaniagames.com/products/g ... -assembled