A little lost on swiss, some help needed

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
Glyphos

A little lost on swiss, some help needed

Post by Glyphos » Wed May 03, 2023 11:04 pm

Hi everybody, im very new to modding gc. So I have a GC2SD mem card adapter, I have action replay 1.14b (this one requires SDLoad and inputting that long AR code). I have compatible 2 gb sd card for AR and a 128gb for my games.I have SDLoad. I have gotten swiss via SDLoad to run just fine but now the trouble I am facing is that I can't save any of the games I run. For example using this method, I have GC2SD in slot A and a regular memory card (For AR) in slot B. If I load up Melee iso, I get "No Card in Slot A" and cannot play the game. I enabled memcard emulation but that didn't seem to do anything.

Is there any solution for my particular scenario ? Or am i just boned and can't save, if there is a solution a step by step guide would be appreciated.

Thank you
Papy.G

Re: A little lost on swiss, some help needed

Post by Papy.G » Thu May 04, 2023 6:08 am

Hello and welcome here.
You just can swap memcard once swiss is booted.
Because of this kind of hassle, AR boot method tends to be used once to then set up a game save exploit where you can straight boot off a bigger card in the sd2sp2 and from a game you'll only use for that, so you won't have to worry about swapping memcards anymore.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Glyphos

Post by Glyphos » Thu May 04, 2023 9:32 pm

Hey, I didnt realize I could do that, until I saw the options "show all devices", I can switch the memory cards. I might get an sds2p2 to make things a little easier for me.

Another few questions if you dont mind :)

1) Now when I load a game, it says "Memory card corrupted in slot A, format?"

Is there a fix for this or will I have to delete everything on my memory card? I have 2 memory cards, one with the AR code which I obviously can't delete, and my one I've had since I was young, it doesnt matter which is plugged in its the same error

2)

With my specific set up, is there any way for me to download saves from my PC and put them onto swiss? Certain games like melee or mario kart I want to just have the full save file ready to go rather than unlock everything myself?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu May 04, 2023 11:14 pm

I'm happy to help as much as I can.

Getting SD2SP2 won't do anything easier for you, unless you need the second memcard slot (dance mat, microphone, second memcard...)

1 You did not disable the memory card emulation (so you have to either pull off slot A the real memcard then answer yes to format, or disable memory card emulation). Or maybe you're trying to save jap game to us/euro formatted memcard.

2 Sure, you can put the save files on your SD, in a folder named MCBACKUP, then restore them to the memcard with GCMM run from SWISS, the save will replace the one on the memcard, if already present. You can also backup your own save first before doing so, with GCMM too.
SWISS should have a copy function too so you may even not need GCMM, I didn't need to copy saves for a long time so I can't tell how good it performs now at it.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Glyphos

Post by Glyphos » Thu May 04, 2023 11:50 pm

Ah ok, I see. Thanks!

do I need to do anything special with the save files? Or if you can give some instructions, that would be great too!

I usually use gamefaqs and they have them in gci format.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri May 05, 2023 12:06 am

.gci is the right format, just slap them asis on the SD, then forward to the memcard.

Glyphos

Post by Glyphos » Fri May 05, 2023 1:32 am

Ok, I will give that a try! I'll post back here if i have more questions. thank you
Glyphos

Post by Glyphos » Fri May 05, 2023 3:22 am

OK, I think its all working, I just have one last thing (for now) that id like to ask. I saw this online:

https://castlemaniagames.com/products/m ... 6934113362

Do you think this would be able to work with action replay? Seeing as it seems to just be plug and play and the video I watched, it looks like it mimics a card right out the gate. Because right now I have 3 memory cards, 1 one of which is the gc2sd. the 2 cards are tight on space, so I'm thinking with this memcardpro and one more microsd card, I would just need the gc2sd and memcardpro, and I just switch them once swiss is booted. need to worry about space again and save/load without worrying about size.

Just wanna make sure it works how I think it does before purchasing