Wifi SD Card with Swiss and GC?

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Sowden1

Wifi SD Card with Swiss and GC?

Post by Sowden1 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:17 am

Hey how there guys. I just got a FTP server working on my Wii U and the ease of connecting with my phone to transfer files is really freeing. So I have been wondering lately how I could get that same ease with my GC. I came across this video for a WiFi SD card. You have to use an app for it, but it does give you access to the SD cards contents. My question is do you guys think that the GC would be able to power this card properly for it to work? I can only see power being the only issue, unless anyone else might see something I'm not. What do you all think?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZH7c68LPPI
webhdx

Re: Wifi SD Card with Swiss and GC?

Post by webhdx » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:37 am

I was able to run M.2 SSDs from 3.3V power rail so powering shouldn't really be a problem.
Sowden1

Post by Sowden1 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:17 pm

Well I'm wondering if it will be powered through the memory card port. I'm using a cheaply made memory card to SD card reader I got from China. It's plugged into my B port as my main one is in A. So I'm wondering if the WiFi card will be powered through there.
webhdx wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:37 am
I was able to run M.2 SSDs from 3.3V power rail so powering shouldn't really be a problem.
And not to detail this thread, but how did you connect a M.2 chip to the GameCube?
webhdx

Post by webhdx » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:23 pm

Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:58 am

Not sure it will be very fast as GC ISOs may be up to two 1.4 GB images, but in the case of the use with a phone, it may be simpler.
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, just try and tell us, don't forget to get back to device selection to update the device's directories once files have been added.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Sowden1

Post by Sowden1 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:27 am

Yeah I'll know it won't work well to transfer an ISO. But if I need to update Swiss or add a ROM I can easily add it using this setup with my phone. Well cool beans, I'll order one and report here once I try it.