Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Diego borella

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Diego borella » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:59 pm

there is an old game that has not yet given way to engagement.
Japanese Zelda WW.
The game does not support the virtual memory card.
before when restarting, the sound was not working.
it still saves but need to restart the game.
otherwise it's in an infinite loop.
Tried to create a new memory card. change the RAW. nothing the loop continues.
but I don't know how to explain exactly what the error is. I have the impression that there is a cross-reference not distinguished by the Swiss due to the Japanese characters.
I played a good part of the game, it didn't show any errors, but it doesn't save completely, but it saves with limitations.
revision 1400 ended the sound glitch, but virtual memory card compatibility at its fullest is still limited to restarting the game.

cube USA
SWISS USER :geek:
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:10 pm

Did you boot WW through IPL so you can format the virtual memcard as a Japanese memcard?

I have a problem with an SD card, SWISS can boot off it, but then, I have a low level io error, not sure what to do with it, I tried formatting from Ventura, then tried low level formatting from my canon digital camera to no avail.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
mario64

Post by mario64 » Wed May 24, 2023 1:51 pm

Game: Xeno Crisis
Region: NTSC USA
Medium: iso
Swiss version: v0.6r1476
Detailed report of the issue:
I'm using the official digital release of Xeno Crisis purchased from Bitmap Bureau with GC Loader 2.0 and GCdual. The game runs but only in 480i even though I have force 480p enabled globally. With all other games force 480p works fine. If I try to edit the game's settings they are all greyed out. Again, this is just an issue with Xeno Crisis. It seems Swiss doesn't support it yet.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:40 am

It's because Xeno Crisis doesn't use the official SDK and instead uses libOGC2. Perhaps they might release an updated version to fix these issues themselves?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:46 am

SuperMario Sunshine: jumps to IPL from the judge sequence at the beginning of the game scenario.

Pal nkit iso from sp2, set to french, booted from sms and swiss 1476 on sd gecko in slot B, then memcard swap (no virtual memcard) new game in game's file slot B.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Sensey_G'n

Post by Sensey_G'n » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:00 pm

Is it ok to post questions regarding compatibility issues with sd-card detection in SD2SP2?

I apologize if I've ended up in the wrong thread, but if so, I would be super grateful if someone could nudge me in the right direction. I just joined the forum after finally acquiring everything I need to get my GC setup up and running.

Sorry once again if I'm in the wrong thread
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:20 pm

Sensey_G'n wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:00 pm
Is it ok to post questions regarding compatibility issues with sd-card detection in SD2SP2?
Only if the SD2SP2 setup is known to work with another card.

Sensey_G'n

Post by Sensey_G'n » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:19 pm

I thought at first that there was something wrong with the SD2SP2 adapter, as I was trying to use it with a brand new FAT 32 formatted SDXC card (256gb Samsung Evo). Swiss detects the adapter, but then when I select it I get a message saying "There is no valid FAT volume".

To then assess whether or not the adapter was at fault, I formatted an older 4gb SDHC card (FAT32) that used to be in my 3ds and swapped that one with the newer card, and it's working with no problems. Booted up F-Zero GX with no issues whatsoever.

I then tried to use a 128gb SDXC card that was in my Switch, formatting it to FAT 32 etc, uploaded a rom to it try out, but then when I boot up Swiss I get the same problem as with my 256gb card (which has now become my new Switch memory card, and is working fine with no issues there..)

So TL;DR- SD2SP2 is basically not working with the larger cards, but works fine with the small 4gb one, and I don't recall ever seeing a size limit to SD cards for SD2SP2..

Could there possibly be an issue with the formatting process, and if so, is there any specific software you can recommend? Or is it better to format these newer cards in exFAT format instead as they're in this standard by default and I now notice that Swiss even says it's a supported file system (I just got the impression it has to be FAT32)

Thanks in advance
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:24 pm

Sensey_G'n wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:19 pm
...Could there possibly be an issue with the formatting process, and if so, is there any specific software you can recommend?...
Try Rufus and see what happens. Non bootable/MBR/Fat32/64 kilobytes. Solved my problems on some devices.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:28 am

Sensey_G'n wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:19 pm
…256gb Samsung Evo…
That name sounds like it was already mentionned before, look at: https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.p ... ility_List

Still, doesn't hurt to try with a clean format utility just in case, especially for the other one.

Check if your boot sequence to SWISS supports ExFat if you want to use this format for those bigger cards, I personally stick to Fat32 for simplicity and compatibility reasons (I'm booting from several save exploits).

There are many people there regularly using µSD XC cards from 64GB to 256GB without issues.

As a Memcard won't support more than 127save files, whatever its size, I wonder If I won't stick to 128GB as a maximum for games ISOs, as it would stock around 120 games too, so I will keep them along, and less bother searching for the appropriate card for a said game.

At the moment, I have one 128GB/2043Blocks (other games) and one 8GB/251Blocks (ZELDAs+FFCC) couples, plus A 2GB for homebrews such as utilities and emulators.