Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Jweeber

Re: Submit Compatibility Issues Here

Post by Jweeber » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Hello friends, the recent update (r682) has broken wasp/wiikey device compatibility for me. Can someone confirm this? As always, thank you for your efforts.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:15 pm

It's fixed in r683
Jweeber

Post by Jweeber » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:38 am

That was fast! This community is the best.
wangice

Post by wangice » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:35 am

r688 ! NICE! Great Work emu_kidid~
Most game i tested with SDCard runs like use disc.
but one game WaveRace bluestorm no BGM.This game is audiostream.and other audiostream is fine(METROID Prime i tested)
wish can be fixed after version.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:30 pm

Metroid Prime doesn't use streaming audio. The next version will fix such bogus flagging by the game developers.
MarioMania

Post by MarioMania » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:16 am

I have Version r714

I'm using the compressed & Non Conpressed version

Still won't work with Sonic Mega Collection (J)

Disk Shrunk using an unsupported tool

Please use Nkit
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:15 am

As said, use Nkit to check and clean your file, if possible, or find a clean rip of it, and shrink it with Nkit.
I was thinking about it last week, finding clean rips can be quite challenging for some games.

Excellent! Rogue Squadron II works now (well, I hadn't try for a while, so maybe it is not a big news), I have put some games that didn't work as releases before ~r400, me and my son will be testing them and report back.

I have a problem, though:
Boot off AUF-PAL on DOL-001 PAL, RGB cable, Brosexec auto dolauncher, 64GB µSD in WiiSD SlotB
When SWISS boots, I have no game vignettes in the list, and trying to open a game gives "invalid or corrupt file", "ejecting" and trying to re-load SD slotB fixes the problem. Still, I can't see SD2SP2 card, it doesn't show in the device menu.

Edit: Not the µSD card's fault, same problem booting off all my cards (µSD HC 8GB, regular SDs 1 and 2GB)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:47 pm

MarioMania wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:16 am
Still won't work with Sonic Mega Collection (J)
Works for me.
Papy.G wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:15 am
When SWISS boots, I have no game vignettes in the list, and trying to open a game gives "invalid or corrupt file", "ejecting" and trying to re-load SD slotB fixes the problem.
Weird, I was sure I fixed that.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:36 pm

The only way to get the SD2SP2 in the device's list is to have an SD present in it at bootup, and this way it has the vignettes without having to re-select the device too.

Maybe the presence of the SD2SP2 in the device list related to a SD present at bootup is intended?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:51 pm

There's no way to detect the SD2SP2 without an SD card in it. I specifically looked at fixing Memory Slot B without an SD2SP2.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:12 pm

Yes, I know that by design there's no way to detect it, but can you test it once more when we access to the devices menu, instead of just at bootup? Or is there a good reason for not displaying the SD2SP2 device permanently in this menu?

I don't know if it may help, but with my Zelda µSD, the last in the root folder, that is the Ocarina/Master Quest, gets a "banner unavailable" vignette, and recognized as a NTSC-J game.

s8n187

Post by s8n187 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:58 pm

just reporting Sonic Mega Collection (US) working fine over here , btw thank you Extrems for the Alternate Read Patch efforts. Really impressive and a joy to use with Swiss
MarioMania

Post by MarioMania » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:36 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:15 am
As said, use Nkit to check and clean your file, if possible, or find a clean rip of it, and shrink it with Nkit.
I was thinking about it last week, finding clean rips can be quite challenging for some games.

Excellent! Rogue Squadron II works now (well, I hadn't try for a while, so maybe it is not a big news), I have put some games that didn't work as releases before ~r400, me and my son will be testing them and report back.

I have a problem, though:
Boot off AUF-PAL on DOL-001 PAL, RGB cable, Brosexec auto dolauncher, 64GB µSD in WiiSD SlotB
When SWISS boots, I have no game vignettes in the list, and trying to open a game gives "invalid or corrupt file", "ejecting" and trying to re-load SD slotB fixes the problem. Still, I can't see SD2SP2 card, it doesn't show in the device menu.

Edit: Not the µSD card's fault, same problem booting off all my cards (µSD HC 8GB, regular SDs 1 and 2GB)
What file do I use to do that?

I'm on Windows 10

and the .exe crashes
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:42 am

Extrems wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:51 pm
There's no way to detect the SD2SP2 without an SD card in it. I specifically looked at fixing Memory Slot B without an SD2SP2.
I just noticed that my Backup battery is fading out, the clock stops when the console is off (well, after four to five hours in fact), my problems seem to come from that (I was not able to save settings either).
My other DOL-001 is apart to trace the SD2SP2's CPU vias, so I've tried with a DOL-101, and everything is working (I couldn't test SD2SP2 related stuff, will report once I've changed the battery).

I'm really sorry for all this as it wasn't related to your Software. I feel dumb. :oops:

Edit: Back for more!
The battery change didn't solve everything,
My SD2SP2 is custom made, and when it is plugged with no SD in it, the first loading of the Slot B root shows no banners. (Still have to check with Dol-001 and no SD2SP2 plugged in at all)
If I load an SD from the SD2SP2 from quitting GBI, it is OK.
The settings save problem appeared when I first set it to SD2SP2, if I want it back to Slot B and no settings file is present on the SD, it fails, I have to put the SD in the SD2SP2 to create the file first, then, I can set it back to save on Slot B, and it works.
The SRAM kept the time and date static the whole time needed to change the battery (took 15 to 20 mn).

Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:58 pm

Now with the new battery and the config file saved, there's no more problems with the banners.

Still, it is something that we didn't see when we used only one SD device, but now we have SD2SP2 readers, it would be nice to be able to detect cards after bootup, so we don't have to fit cards in ever reader we want to use, even if it is to swap them afterwards.

Is there still need for the individual boot option on multi-dols titles? Now the compatibility pressing B is quite good, can't it be the standard behavior, with the option only available if we activate file management (or via a configurable general default or even an individual per-game setup).

The compatibility get better and better, and I can see from titles I recently tested (Mario Tennis, SW Rogue Leader II) that the compatibility list gets seriously outdated. Is there a real need to update it?

With the problems there seems to have managing Memcard files and disc Dumping, won't it be better relying on GCMM and CleanRip's routines calling them from SWISS with kinda arguments passing (as with GBI config), and further with launching emulators directly from the rom files in the directory. Ain't it Chrismas? :D

Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:49 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:58 pm
Still, it is something that we didn't see when we used only one SD device, but now we have SD2SP2 readers, it would be nice to be able to detect cards after bootup, so we don't have to fit cards in ever reader we want to use, even if it is to swap them afterwards.
You can press Z to show undetected devices and try them.
Jweeber

Post by Jweeber » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:13 pm

The latest swiss release r747 has a problem with Tiger Woods 2005 (NTSC-U), a 2 disc game, when booted from the wkf/wasp device. It reports: failed to find fst.bin. This same game does however work from the same card when inserted into the memory card slots.

This game also fails to boot (black screen) from any input location if the enforce dtv option has been checked in the system settings of swiss.

Appreciate all the work being put into this software and wanted to report back something that may be related specifically to the new 2 disc non-naming convention support and wkf stuffs.

Thank you swiss team!
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:40 pm

Wrong application of the force DTV status patch was a known issue. Work on video patches is currently being deferred.
Jweeber

Post by Jweeber » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:06 pm

I tried my other readily available on sd card 2 disc game, Killer 7 (NTSC-U) and it also: "failed to read fst.bin" from wkf. I'm up to testing other games if you need it.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:46 pm

This should now be fixed. Don't expect disc swapping to work with that device though.
Jweeber

Post by Jweeber » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:05 pm

Extremely fast. Thank you for listening and providing a quick fix for a relatively small usage case scenario.

Good to know going forward about this device's 2 disc support though. I do hope to get my hands on a GCLoader eventually.

Damn, that was fast.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:10 pm

I mean, it could work in the future, but that'd be up to emu_kidid. I don't have a Wiikey Fusion.
Grimmy_Dragon

Post by Grimmy_Dragon » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:02 am

just wanted to note two games that are still having FMV lag issues, Tales of Symphonia and Bloody Roar: Primal Fury, running from SD2SP2. Love what you guys are doing, keep up the great work
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:27 am

Tales of Symphonia is actually a recent regression (unless you were using the Broadband Adapter, then it already behaved this way). I don't expect this to improve.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:56 pm

I recently used MKDD off the SD to see the intro videos lag, but can't say if it did in the past because I mainly use it off the original disc, and very often watch the intro anyways.