Swiss settings: vertical offset

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)

Swiss settings: vertical offset

Post by 64801965 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:42 pm

What are vertical offset and vertical filter?
Dirty night, hard China!!
Kobeskillz

Re: Swiss settings: vertical offset

Post by Kobeskillz » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:17 am

I would love to know what vertical offset is too!! I changed everything from -3 to 0+ and I have no clue what I did. Lol. Very very little info on the internet about this.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:02 am

It's to adjust the lines where the frame takes place among the scan lines. It's more useful if you display on a line perfect device, without overscan, or if you want to properly capture the frame. The console has the horizontal offset adjustment integrated in the IPL.

No clue about what the vertical filter is.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:31 pm

It is possible to see the Vertical Offset working on the Need for Speed Underground. This function helps to fix a position problem on one of the screens. At least, I consider it a problem.

I think the new versions of Swiss still insist on keeping -3 globally even putting 0.

Only reason I have all games with their own settings since the Emulate Read Speed has stopped causing conflicts in some games in the version I use.

I have no idea about the Vertical Filter either.