Customize Swiss UI?

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
danotaipano

Customize Swiss UI?

Post by danotaipano » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:18 am

Is there any way to customize the Swiss UI? I see all the assets are saved as PSDs in the source. Would love a chance to take a pass at a refreshed skin.
Papy.G

Re: Customize Swiss UI?

Post by Papy.G » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:26 pm

I think it would have been fun, at first, to get the predominant GUI color according to the unit's, if there is ever a mean to know it (hardcoded in the Serial number, who knows?).
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:50 pm

There's plans to allow at least a custom bitmap for the background, might as well allow a full resource set.
Stingray_77

Post by Stingray_77 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:10 am

emu_kidid wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:50 pm
There's plans to allow at least a custom bitmap for the background, might as well allow a full resource set.
That would be great! any progress on that? :D
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:17 pm

Haven't had a chance to yet, soon perhaps.
Stingray_77

Post by Stingray_77 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:17 pm

Maybe start with a background bitmap and look into the other stuff later? I have some time to create bitmaps for every single color of GC if you want. Also a higher resolution “Swiss v0.5” bitmap would be nice as 576p makes that look pretty unsharp.. 😄
I can also help you with that if you want. 😄👍
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:08 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:26 pm
I think it would have been fun, at first, to get the predominant GUI color according to the unit's, if there is ever a mean to know it (hardcoded in the Serial number, who knows?).
it would be interesting if there could be a folder of themes, for Swiss. that would be filled with the corresponding theme. And besides, in the interface, it would be interesting in addition to the aesthetic change, to also have some way of launching the translation of the texts in Swiss. Swiss in Portuguese or French etc. with one click.

I don't think automatic switching would be effective; but a way to post changes to the corresponding folder in the SD. standard folders to be read by the Swiss, you know?
SWISS USER :geek:
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:58 pm

As usual with SWISS, a default language setting "Auto" that gets the current IPL's, and forced ones for those who use a "foreign" system.
Apart from the background colour, I'm not that fond of those fancy customizable soft. I would be as happy with SWISS even if it was plain text based.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:20 pm

well, i think you think about a change in the IPL language? :D

Well see the example of who has a dol_001, in Brazil:
the IPL language is English, and the texts at Swiss are in English.
someone will have to translate all Swiss texts, notices, everything: GC loader, WKF, Xeno, Disk, SP2, help, settings, etc. for each corresponding language, and there, in a specific folder will be the translation files for each language.
:mrgreen: :idea:
SWISS USER :geek:
Guanako

Post by Guanako » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:13 am

Diego borella wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:20 pm
well, i think you think about a change in the IPL language? :D

Well see the example of who has a dol_001, in Brazil:
the IPL language is English, and the texts at Swiss are in English.
someone will have to translate all Swiss texts, notices, everything: GC loader, WKF, Xeno, Disk, SP2, help, settings, etc. for each corresponding language, and there, in a specific folder will be the translation files for each language.
:mrgreen: :idea:

Hello, I´m a spanish speaker from latin america, and I can try to translate swiss to spanish. But I don´t know how.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:13 am

Yeah, I'd like to make a resource bundle system and put it into Swiss, would make translating much easier.