Triforce arcade games with Swiss

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Boetz

Triforce arcade games with Swiss

Post by Boetz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:07 pm

Hi Emukidid and all other super coders!
I would like to know if it is possible to play games of the "Triforce" arcade system (Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2, etc ...) by using a classic GameCube and Swiss?
If so, what is the procedure?
If not, would this function be possible and easily achievable?
A new challenge in a way ...!?!
What is your opinion ?
Platinum GameCube DOL-101 PAL - Viper Extrem - SD Gecko - RGB SCART cable
White Wii PAL - LetterBombed - HBC - USB HDD - Composant cable
Papy.G

Re: Triforce arcade games with Swiss

Post by Papy.G » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:05 pm

Hello, and welcome.

There are hardware-based enhancements added to the GameCube's mainboard in the triforce that can't just be emulated on a bare GameCube.

According to what I've read here and there, some games are stocked on memory chips and accessed by the console just as in a cartridge-based one so all the RAM can be used by manipulated data while the program itself (code) is fetched straight off the ROM to be executed. Some games would be run off Bigger discs or HDDs, and a Ram expansion can be added too. Don't know wether it is true or not, it seems to be repeated almost everywhere the topic is discussed.

While the Wii is an upgrade to the GC, some homebrew (QuadForce for example) tend to give you an opportunity to play some of them on it, but it is hard to simulate all the controls on standard controller, that an arcade cab isn't.

If it is only for F-Zero AX, the whole thing is on F-Zero-GX commercial disc, there are codes to unlock its full potential. And don't forget to get your hands on a Logitech SpeedForce for Gamecube!
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:12 am

It's possible.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:19 pm

On a bare GameCube (without hardware add-ons such as a memory expansion) from SWISS?

Do you say that no Triforce games use more than the Gamecube's MB memory, and don't run code any where else than from this very RAM (loading from any mass storage to RAM before executing the code)? That would mean at the cost of (much) longer loading times (wich is only a little concern from the player's side, if not during gameplay, IMHO)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
niuus

Post by niuus » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:31 pm

Extrems wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:12 am
It's possible.
My mind was blown. :o
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:05 am

It's basically just porting the patches from Nintendont and making it take up less memory or hoping the games work with less arena memory.
ledu205

Post by ledu205 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:02 pm

it would be great to be able to triforce games
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:19 pm

Extrems wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:12 am
It's possible.
@emu_kidid, altough this topic is not too old, I don't want to necrobump this topic but at the same time I am very curious whether it will make it to the gamecube one day.

@extrems, will we ever be able to play it with swiss (i.e. are you guys planning on adding support to play it with swiss / patch it?) via a gcloader perhaps?

Very curious it would be soo awesome to set this up at parties. Should be very easy to play (control wise) and that makes it more accessible for a wider crowd (even people who almost don't play any games on consoles). That's what I like about lots of arcade games, easy to play and lots of fun.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:57 pm

Swiss' emulation capabilities are slowly getting there.
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:05 pm

Extrems wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:57 pm
Swiss' emulation capabilities are slowly getting there.
NICE!!!!!!!! Will wait for it patiently here hahaha. Awesome that it's becoming more and more possible.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:55 pm

ledu205 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:02 pm
It would be great to be able to triforce games
Forcing them to boot once should be enough. :lol:
Insomnia wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:19 pm
@extrems, will we ever be able to play it with swiss (i.e. are you guys planning on adding support to play it with swiss / patch it?) via a gcloader perhaps?

Very curious it would be soo awesome to set this up at parties. Should be very easy to play (control wise) and that makes it more accessible for a wider crowd (even people who almost don't play any games on consoles). That's what I like about lots of arcade games, easy to play and lots of fun.
I hope this will be possible without the GC loader, while I fear it may be one of the best way (for the ease for programmers, and read speed) to do that.

Easy to set up and play may not come to mind when thinking about some triforce cabs and their specificities, and the need for a BBA for multiplayer games…

Well, take your time guys, if I have to secure a pair of Logitech speed force wheels, BBAs, and GCloaders before the hype takes up. :?

Extrems

Post by Extrems » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:01 pm

Why would the GC Loader make it easier?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:58 am

To achieve a more consistent read speed off the SD card, if needed… :oops: