New discussion on night SWISS

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Diego borella

New discussion on night SWISS

Post by Diego borella » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:40 pm

SWISS:

WHERE and download:

https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/releases :arrow:

The goal here is to address the new improvements found in SwiSS.

Requests to have;
Suggestions;
Software performance;
Expectations;
Experience;

1: Which revision should I use
From now on, use SWISS
0.6r1217 onwards for best results.

2: What are the methods to get to BOOT Swiss?
Initialization of the Actel Action Replay DVD;
SDML.
Save the game explorer via the memory card:
IPL_BOOT;
GBI;
DONLAUCHER;
Or modifying the console using mod chips:
qoob, xeno, viper, WKF, GCloader, tmbinc, Hyperbooot, Flypper Boot.

3: What new functions are worth highlighting?
There is the function of copying a boot.GCI file directly to the memory card, dispensing the use of backup homebrews.
There are reports from people who confirm that Swiss can handle hidden files. the IGR function is an example. space saving, and file management.

The swiss.ini file, on the other hand, must not remain hidden, as it can generate incompatibilities.

4: What should I know:
it should be noted that the nightly releases refer to versions that may bring regulations with problems never before presented. Games can work well in one analysis, and for another game, the same analysis is unstable. Follow the compatibility list to better orient yourself on which version to use for each specific game.

5: About FEED BACK:
It is interesting for the user to download the latest version of Swiss and report their experience, so that programmers can further improve and correct the software.

6: MEMORY CARD EMULADOR
This function is working from revision 0.5r963 for DVD and GCloader.
As of version 0.5r1026, SD support was implemented.
Support for IDE-EXI and WKF is already experimental.
for Games with Audio Streaming, the function for the virtual memory card is disabled.

7:On startup: "through IPL"
through IPL, you can manage your memory cards, view the menu, adjust the time and date ...

it is recommended to disable this function if you want to use cheats with Swiss. the IPL NGC menu can trigger incompatibility and instability problems in some games when secondary functions are activated. PAL games can also have problems; will work best without an IPL boot.
There may also be a slight delay in relation to the synchronization between sound and image when the Gamecube logo is displayed, but this does not affect the gameplay.

GameCube configuration details:
use of progressive scan
Using the Game Boy Player
BBA,
Gecko, SP2, WKF, etc.
Model and region. the more details of the game and the console, the better.

To report game compatibility issues, use the post:

SWISS> Submit compatibility issues here
https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewt ... =25&t=3218
Last edited by Diego borella on Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SWISS USER :geek:
Papy.G

Re: New discussion on night SWISS

Post by Papy.G » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:06 am

There are no nightly builds of SWISS publicly available. Releases are a rolling pre-version that is build from time to time (barely around every 10 commits from the previous build).

As those are test releases, it is highly recommended to always use the latest, so any new bug will be identified and adressed as soon as possible. You can still keep any version that works for you and a specific gameset you use as a milestone, just in case something might be broken in the newer one.

Using a boot method that needs laser adjustment is highly not recommended (typically Xeno+DVR-R), as the GameCube was not sold in huge quantities, and it's gonna be insanely rare while time goes by. Plus, with the price of those "kits" sold on the shops all around (Xeno clone + crappy DVD-R + SD2SP2), it isn't even the cheapest way to access to SWISS and all its goodness.

So, thank you to edit/add to the first post:

1: Release 970 hasn't been built yet. :P

2: IPL_BOOT is a kind of dolauncher
For explaining more, there should be a big graphic, showing what has to be done in what order to work.

3: Don't limit to "new functions" as they are specified in the changefile. I think, in the video patches, it is important to highlight the possibility to stretch back the video field to full frame to cope with new sets unable to properly render non-square pixels, less known than the patch to force progressive scan in PAL and NTSC games that don't natively offer the possibility.

4: Don't follow the compatibility list to downgrade to the version a game you wanna play is reported to work, as SWISS is updated so frequently that the WIKI can be considered as constantly outdated. Always try with the freshest SWISS version, if it works, don't hesitate to say it here, or update this list with this information by yourself (It's a WIKI ! ).

5: Game compatibility issues may be reported on this forum, on the Github issue page, and on the game's compatibility list (in the comments row when a newer version is no more compatible, to keep track of the latest reported working version)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:46 am

Don't want to flood the SWISS compatibility topic with this, so here it is:

Along the last SWISS release (v0.5 r927), we have that sentence:
"A few very minute changes while I'm working on something big."

Can't wait to see and hope it is about changes in SWISS, or something else as a big upgrade to the N64 emulator, or maybe the software part of a new hardmod (WiFi BBA replacement?)… 8-)

Hope this will be kept as a surprise as long as possible, as I love surprises.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:57 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:46 am
Hope this will be kept as a surprise as long as possible, as I love surprises.
:D

I also saw the comment ... I think it has to do with SWISS itself.
I think the team, especially Extrems, is excited about the evolution and appreciation of the NGC after this jump in SWISS.
in fact, Extrems surpassed all expectations for the Swiss pitcher this year, did a great job and deserves applause. :!: he launched more commitments than anyone ... corrected the audio transmission and optimized the transfer flow ...
It remains to be seen whether emu_kidid has a wildcard in his top hat or is tired of writing SWISS.
with the carousel mode the old emu_kidid scored, a correction for old errors, and that was it.
will there be a menu to create, move, delete and rename directories?
is what we most expect, and also the virtual memory card.
all we have to do is wait for the Swiss Christmas present! :mrgreen:
tesla246

Post by tesla246 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:11 pm

''A few very minute changes while I'm working on something big.''

Once again, Extrems bringing the heat!
Dream mod: HI-speed port device utilizing 4:4:4 RGB 32 bit colour, 720p video and variable refresh rate. :shock:
Favourite mod: GC Loader flashed with latest swiss.
Eagerly awaiting a normal, form-factor wise, wireless controller with rumble. :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:14 am

Once again Extrems writing things 100x better than I did many years ago :D

I have some UI updates and bug fixes I want to make but finding the time is hard.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:29 pm

Not as if you had done the spadework at first. :mrgreen:

Take your time, real life is out there. ;)

Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:03 pm

well, swiss emulation with memory card is available, it's still hot and i haven't tried this side of America. :arrow:
As this carriage runs, it looks like we will even have an update version.
We arrived at r963, boy, how will it be from here until the thousandth commitment?
Swiss v0.6
???? :?:
and if Resident Evil 4 works with Virtual Memory Card, it will be a blow to the competition ...
Only time will tell! :!:

don't miss it, on this same Swiss channel. :mrgreen: :geek:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
edit +
Well, the expectation was different from reality for me. the memory card emulator is as it is, only for discs in the drive for now ... :roll:
however, all is not lost, for those who do not have many disks like me: (
) the memory card emulator is for data management! I cran now store and manage my rescues with much more convenience; There are more than 4 thousand blocks to store and manage salvages.
not to mention that Dolphin supports it, it's fantastic!
of the games I tested on the drivei, everything went well. :mrgreen:

PS: At least for me, as far as my reader can read, Resident 4 worked with memory card emulation. :ugeek: :!:

expectation of progress at work.
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:51 pm

:geek:

Well, the virtual memory card is available via SD. It is a review of a thousand commitments! :!: :mrgreen:
And then Papy.G, what is your opinion on the news from Swiss?
I think it optimizes the management of saves on the GameCube. For if a person has only a 59-block card and a licensed disk explorer, they will not be able to play Tom Clancy's games, for example; that use more than 60 blocks.
It is now possible. :D

In addition, returning the retro emulators to the Swiss is very convenient; just like on the Wii. :mrgreen:

Papy.G wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:46 am

edit+

Papy.G wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:55 pm
What is "clean boot", and what's the use of that?

I think it's for updating the data in RAM memory, cleaning up addressing errors or interlaced data that cause errors when starting games and homebrews...
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:02 pm

I was wondering if it’s possible for Swiss to be themed basic themes of course I’m not talking dynamic wallpapers
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:57 pm