WKF Audio Streaming and Text Encoding

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
gmipf

WKF Audio Streaming and Text Encoding

Post by gmipf » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:46 pm

After updating Swiss lately several times I have noticed some changes. Last time I booted a Japanese game it had formatted my US/EU memory card to a Japanese one. But since the latest update, Japanese games will not format my US/EU card and save their files alongside my EU/US save games. After I checked the settings, the Force Text Encoding Settings was also gone, the change log also mentions this.

What can we expect from this time on now? Can we save JP and EU/US saves in one memory card, without swapping cards and loosing any data?

I also noticed today that Audio Streaming works on WKF/WASP? I have booted up Starfox Adventures PAL on my WASP and Audio seems to work. After that I have seen it mentioned in the change log too but nowhere in the gc-forever wiki pages. How does the Audio Streaming emulation perform? Are there any issues to be expected?

I have also noticed a problem playing Starfox Adventures PAL with WASP. The intro sequence where she speaks this special language, there are no subtitles and sometimes subtitles are mixed and overlayed.

My system:
DOL-001 PAL
Official Component cable
WASP + 64GB SD, with the optical disc drive still attached
SP2SD adapter with 64GB microSD
Extrems

Re: WKF Audio Streaming and Text Encoding

Post by Extrems » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:05 pm

gmipf wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:46 pm
Can we save JP and EU/US saves in one memory card, without swapping cards and loosing any data?
Yes.
gmipf wrote:
I have booted up Starfox Adventures PAL on my WASP and Audio seems to work. After that I have seen it mentioned in the change log too but nowhere in the gc-forever wiki pages.
I forgot to update the table.
gmipf wrote:
How does the Audio Streaming emulation perform? Are there any issues to be expected?
I'm not 100% sure since I don't have a WASP/Wiikey Fusion to work with. The feature is ironically tested using a GC Loader, and it's known to struggle more than it should with it.
gmipf wrote:
I have also noticed a problem playing Starfox Adventures PAL with WASP. The intro sequence where she speaks this special language, there are no subtitles and sometimes subtitles are mixed and overlayed.
This is a known issue. Playing off your SD2SP2 would currently fare better.
gmipf

Post by gmipf » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:37 pm

Good to know and those two new features are very nice. Also tried Naruto: Clash of Ninja: European Version from WASP. Works great with Audio Streaming.
wano_ryuuma

Post by wano_ryuuma » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:56 pm

Extrems wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:05 pm
gmipf wrote:
So this means that SP2SD2 is not the best choice?

I reported my situation on the issues topic, but maybe you can help me here:

I tried to use the older revision of swiss (r785) and no matter what I tried, couldn't recover the original configuration that the subtitles worked on Star Fox Adventures. I fomated my SD, redownloaded the iso and tried every possible config.

Do you know if swiss change some configuration on the GC hardware when I patch a game?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:15 pm

wano_ryuuma wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:56 pm
What? I'm saying the opposite.
wano_ryuuma

Post by wano_ryuuma » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Extrems wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:15 pm
wano_ryuuma wrote:
What? I'm saying the opposite.
Sorry, I misunderstood.

About the issue that I adressed, any thoughts?
wano_ryuuma

Post by wano_ryuuma » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:09 am

wano_ryuuma wrote:
Extrems wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:05 pm
gmipf wrote:
I reported my situation on the issues topic, but maybe you can help me here:

I tried to use the older revision of swiss (r785) and no matter what I tried, couldn't recover the original configuration that the subtitles worked on Star Fox Adventures. I fomated my SD, redownloaded the iso and tried every possible config.

Do you know if swiss change some configuration on the GC hardware when I patch a game?
Anyone?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:10 am

Like what?
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:44 pm

will depend a lot on how your NGC is ...
if you have a scan without a chip, if the swiss was read from the SD or memory card. Look:

my Xeno cube, when pressing Start, enters the xenoshell.
the interesting thing is that it will only accept DVD recorded with Swiss in XenoShell mode.
Original games, backups, PAL games, all will crash.
the Swiss, he accepts!
My gamecube sometimes rejects original games.
the "error" is in a "virtual wasp" that I found.
My video game when in the Swiss state, works as if there were a WKF-Wasp, in Drive.
Ask for SD and everything.
I got a Zelda WW for exploration and testing.
With Xeno, the NGC IPL will crash when testing the original DVD + virtual memory card.
Without Xeno, it works well.
If the Swiss’s exploration comes from the real memory card, the DVD drive doesn’t stop,
but if the boot comes from an SD or SD2 gecko, it stops, even if the settings are not to stop the DVD.
They say that the Gamecube Bios cannot be modified. well, the answer to your question can be in this video of mine?

The bios synchronizes with the Swiss.

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru6FGxp ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
SWISS USER :geek: