swiss not loading sd card

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
AdvancedShroom

swiss not loading sd card

Post by AdvancedShroom » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:13 am

when swiss is loaded and i swich to my higher capacity sd card, and press slot b sd card the option dissaperes and i get sent to memory card slot a and sd card slot b is in hidden devices, also when i press the i on the menu bar it says slot b is empty
I am using sd media launcher with action replay disc
Papy.G

Re: swiss not loading sd card

Post by Papy.G » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:11 am

Check your bigger SD for exotic format or partitioning, low level format it with a serious tool.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
AdvancedShroom

Post by AdvancedShroom » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:45 pm

I tried doing the format and it didnt work, ive also tried with other sd cards and it still dosent work I dont think any of my sd cards are the problem because when i first boot up swiss i dont see my 2 gb sd card, i see the device selection page
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 pm

Swiss is potentially less tolerant of a intermittent/temperamental SD Card adapter than SDML, and the adapter provided with SDML is garbage. There's threads here where people have stuck tape inside of it to make better contact with the SD card/GameCube, just do yourself a favour and buy a SD2SP2 if your GameCube supports it then you won't need to swap SD cards. If your GameCube doesn't have a Serial Port 2 then buy yourself a "WiiSD" adapter, even those are miles ahead in terms of quality.