Would Wiird codes be compatible with a N64 Game port?

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
NitroHedgehog

Would Wiird codes be compatible with a N64 Game port?

Post by NitroHedgehog » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:49 am

I deleted my old thread since I found my answer to my question, but I was wondering this... Super Mario 64 is the ONLY N64 game to be fully portable to Swiss due to its save feature being similar to the Zelda games. But if I extract the game from the Wii WAD, then port it into a random Zelda game from Collector's Edition, would the Wiird codes for the WAD work on my new file for Swiss? I am asking this because I want a 120-Star save file without the water drained in SM64. I know this sounds weird :lol: but I looked everywhere to patch a SM64 rom with Cheat Codes... no results. Can anyone help?
Andross89

Re: Would Wiird codes be compatible with a N64 Game port?

Post by Andross89 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:36 am

NitroHedgehog wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:49 am
I deleted my old thread since I found my answer to my question, but I was wondering this... Super Mario 64 is the ONLY N64 game to be fully portable to Swiss due to its save feature being similar to the Zelda games. But if I extract the game from the Wii WAD, then port it into a random Zelda game from Collector's Edition, would the Wiird codes for the WAD work on my new file for Swiss? I am asking this because I want a 120-Star save file without the water drained in SM64. I know this sounds weird :lol: but I looked everywhere to patch a SM64 rom with Cheat Codes... no results. Can anyone help?
The code you want is very easy to find in Dolphin.

Start in debug mode and find the address. Look for the address of the coins for being easy to change in the game. The address of the stars should be close. If the game works in Swiss, it is likely that the code will also work.

New versions Dolphin is usually a problem for me to find the addresses. Try old versions until you find one that works for you.
NitroHedgehog

Post by NitroHedgehog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:12 am

So, I've tried everything, but... each time I save after getting my 1st Star in SM64, the save file erases itself, no matter what I do.

Save and continue = save file erased when GC is reebooted
Save and quit = game resets, save file erases itself

No matter what I do, my SM64 save file ALWAYS erases itself when I leave the game... does that means that even SM64 is NOT playable on Gamecube? I am about to give up...
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:31 am

NitroHedgehog wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:12 am
So, I've tried everything, but... each time I save after getting my 1st Star in SM64, the save file erases itself, no matter what I do.

Save and continue = save file erased when GC is reebooted
Save and quit = game resets, save file erases itself

No matter what I do, my SM64 save file ALWAYS erases itself when I leave the game... does that means that even SM64 is NOT playable on Gamecube? I am about to give up...
You just don't have the version with save support.

There are fake versions on the Internet. And currently, it should require quite a bit of time searching for the right version.

Or you can go on the topic of the user who created a tool for creating this version here on the site. You can ask directly if you are having a problem in any part of the process.

If you think ISO really works, use that version of Swiss I recommended to be sure. But check the region shown in Swiss. I remember that the game was recognized as Japanese and asked to format the memory card. In this case, just switch to ANSI.
NitroHedgehog

Post by NitroHedgehog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:04 pm

Hi! NKit will NOT allow me to "recover an ISO" of SM64 that was generated by the builder. Yes, I have OOT and MQ from Redump, yes, it was in nkit format, all I had to do was to convert it to ISO... but the newly generated "Super Mario 64.nkit.iso" is different... so it seems.

EVEN AFTER CONVERTING TO ISO... It doesn't play on Swiss and freezes at "Saving..." screen permenantly on Dolphin, forcing me to close the program via Alt+Ctrl+Del... is there something I am doing wrong?

EDIT - Added the log in a .zip file that shows every error out there.
Attachments
nkit.zip
Log of my failed attempt at converting my .nkit file
(999 Bytes) Downloaded 245 times
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:09 pm

NitroHedgehog wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:04 pm
Hi! NKit will NOT allow me to "recover an ISO" of SM64 that was generated by the builder. Yes, I have OOT and MQ from Redump, yes, it was in nkit format, all I had to do was to convert it to ISO... but the newly generated "Super Mario 64.nkit.iso" is different... so it seems.

EVEN AFTER CONVERTING TO ISO... It doesn't play on Swiss and freezes at "Saving..." screen permenantly on Dolphin, forcing me to close the program via Alt+Ctrl+Del... is there something I am doing wrong?

EDIT - Added the log in a .zip file that shows every error out there.
I have already expressed my opinion about NKit in another topic...

It only remains for me to say: start from scratch and always make copies.

I think the time trying to fix this may be longer. I just think so...