Zelda OOT and MM tgc images

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
sakax

Zelda OOT and MM tgc images

Post by sakax » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:44 pm

Came to knowledge that swiss is able to boot tgc images :) Keep being amazed by the swiss functionalities. With this new understanding I did the following:

Extracted Legend Zelda Ocarina of time/Master Quest disc image to obtain:
zlj_f.tgc

Extracted Legend Zelda Collector's Edition disc image to obtain:
majora_PAL_100403c.tgc
zelda_PAL_093003.tgc

All 3 tgc images play perfectly fine in swiss but some questions:
zlj_f.tgc includes Ocarina of Time and Master Quest, swiss however only is able to auto launch Master Quest. do we have a way to start both games, OOT and MM ?

zlj_f.tgc, majora_PAL_100403c.tgc and zelda_PAL_093003.tgc have by default rumble feature enabled, but there is no possibility to turn off rumble as we launched directly tgc and not the main.dol from the disc. Can we disable rumble via a wiird cheat or swiss functionality? These 3 images do not have a banner shown in swiss - is there possibility to add a manual banner in some way?

Thanks! We got rid of massive bloat and it feels to run perfectly smooth on first sight!
DOL-001-PAL - GCVideo3.1 - powered by shinehax & swiss
Andross89

Re: Zelda OOT and MM tgc images

Post by Andross89 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:32 am

sakax wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:44 pm
zlj_f.tgc includes Ocarina of Time and Master Quest, swiss however only is able to auto launch Master Quest. do we have a way to start both games, OOT and MM ?
Majora's Mask? Didn't you mean Master Quest? I thought it was impossible to have two games in the same TGC. You probably need to ask for this function and wait for a new Swiss update with it.
sakax wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:44 pm
zlj_f.tgc, majora_PAL_100403c.tgc and zelda_PAL_093003.tgc have by default rumble feature enabled, but there is no possibility to turn off rumble as we launched directly tgc and not the main.dol from the disc. Can we disable rumble via a wiird cheat or swiss functionality? These 3 images do not have a banner shown in swiss - is there possibility to add a manual banner in some way?
Yes, creating a cheat to disable it would be the quickest way to not depend on the answer above again. And it should be very easy to do. The problem is someone showing interest in doing this. The rumble is very useful for getting 100% in these games. And it makes fishing more fun...
And you will need to convert TGC to GCM to place the banner. The problem is that I was never able to convert GCM to TGC after modifying it. Perhaps, Swiss was not programmed to read the banner in TGCs too.

But, of course, you could convert the TGC and leave the GCM however you want, like I did. Soon, someone will appear to criticize this process. But the choice is yours. And it seems very obvious...

I made the Ocarina and Majora's banners and I can attach them here if you want. Just don't expect professional work on these files.
sakax

Post by sakax » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:45 am

Andross89 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:32 am
Majora's Mask? Didn't you mean Master Quest? I thought it was impossible to have two games in the same TGC. You probably need to ask for this function and wait for a new Swiss update with it.

No, I meant it correctly but made a typo at the end :) the OOT dedicated disk includes the normal OOT and the OOT Master Quest. Booting the TGC only allows starting the master quest, although both roms are included in the TGC

Andross89 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:32 am
Yes, creating a cheat to disable it would be the quickest way to not depend on the answer above again. And it should be very easy to do. The problem is someone showing interest in doing this. The rumble is very useful for getting 100% in these games. And it makes fishing more fun...
And you will need to convert TGC to GCM to place the banner. The problem is that I was never able to convert GCM to TGC after modifying it. Perhaps, Swiss was not programmed to read the banner in TGCs too.

But, of course, you could convert the TGC and leave the GCM however you want, like I did. Soon, someone will appear to criticize this process. But the choice is yours. And it seems very obvious...

I made the Ocarina and Majora's banners and I can attach them here if you want. Just don't expect professional work on these files.

I have the banners as well, these are on the disks in the end, but when extracting the TGC files, these banners are not part of the TGC. I did notice however that the TGC includes banners, the ones used for the save games. So a clean solution would be swiss showing the save game banners for TGC files. Like this no modification of the TGC files are needed. If you go looking at the save games, you will see nice banners shown and that banner is part of the TGC (not root of TGC, but in a subfolder)

Let's hope Ralph is interested in TGC loading and will develop rumble off cheats :) Only one person who can easily pull it off :D
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:12 pm

sakax wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:45 am
No, I meant it correctly but made a typo at the end :) the OOT dedicated disk includes the normal OOT and the OOT Master Quest. Booting the TGC only allows starting the master quest, although both roms are included in the TGC
Nintendo... If creating the TGC wasn't enough to save the number of discs, it also saves on TGCs.
sakax wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:45 am
Let's hope Ralph is interested in TGC loading and will develop rumble off cheats :) Only one person who can easily pull it off :D
If the game isn't on the list, it probably doesn't have it. But sending a simple PM asking doesn't cost anything.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:56 pm

There's likely a way to pass arguments to .tgc images when booted that Swiss isn't emulating. We could extract that logic and offer the options based on the .tgc being booted as a feature in Swiss. I'd be happy to implement this in the UI if someone knows how they're supposed to bet set up?
sakax

Post by sakax » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:56 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:56 pm
There's likely a way to pass arguments to .tgc images when booted that Swiss isn't emulating. We could extract that logic and offer the options based on the .tgc being booted as a feature in Swiss. I'd be happy to implement this in the UI if someone knows how they're supposed to bet set up?
Yes, that would be amazing, but finding these arguments will most probably imply reverse engineering the main.dol of the original disc. Looking at the tgc files, I am sure it is the main.dol passing these arguments through. And that sirs, is above my paygrade sadly :mrgreen: :?
appl2D.img
appldr.bin
arrows4.tpl
bg8.tpl
bgm48st.adp
bi2.bin
boot.bin
button_a.tpl
button_b.tpl
cube.tpl
execD.img
fst.bin
game_j.tpl
gc_logo.tpl
________________.ird
main.dol
movie_j.tpl
movie_logo.tpl
MultiBootSystemD.map
MultiBootSystem.map

multiple_se.spd
multiple_se.spt
OcarinaGC48.adp
opening.bnr
S_1080.tgc
S_Clip.tgc
S_FZero.tgc
S_Metroid.tgc
S_Wario.tgc
S_ZeldaADV.tgc
S_Zelda.tgc
zeldaGraph.arc
zlj_f.tgc //tgc including Zelda OOT and MQ
this is the content of the USA disc, I think the arguments should be in in main.dol but these multibootsystem files include rumble arguments which are like human readable if opened in txt editor
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:41 pm

Andross89 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:12 pm
Nintendo... If creating the TGC wasn't enough to save the number of discs, it also saves on TGCs.
It also saves on saves, as there are no distinct saves between OOT and MQ, that's why the OOT forcing is of limited interest, you can play OOT with the collector's edition's TGC anyways.
Except OOT/MQ savefile is smaller than collector's OOT one.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:29 am

Papy.G wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:41 pm
It also saves on saves, as there are no distinct saves between OOT and MQ, that's why the OOT forcing is of limited interest, you can play OOT with the collector's edition's TGC anyways.
That makes sense. These must be the same events with the items in different locations. Some technical update, perhaps.

I was never interested in this mod so as not to get confused with the original and take longer to finish it. And I'm not a fan of mods. I only have the TMNT made in SoR2 on my list.
sakax

Post by sakax » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:00 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:41 pm
Andross89 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:12 pm
Ah didnt know. That's indeed an issue. Anyway, booting the tgc files indeed like this. Using the master quest tgc from the PAL release and the ocarina of time tgc from the USA collectors edition. I have the impression these games play better as tgc compared to the iso. We only need a disable rumble cheat :D
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:07 pm

Don't bother, OOT on the MQ disc and OOT from the collector's don't share the same savefile. ;)

Quite interesting if not just an impression, I may look into extracting TGC maybe. Shorter loading times?

I have a Chinese knockoff controller which rumble doesn't work anymore, as a bonus, it's the one I used to try customization, with a gold glitter triforce! :mrgreen:
You can also buy a WaveBird, or add a rumble switch on one of your controllers.
Still I don't catch the interest in not using rumble as soon as a game supports it, that's the main reason why WaveBird is a no-go for me.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)