Replacement case for full sized DVDs?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Cowsaysmoo

Replacement case for full sized DVDs?

Post by Cowsaysmoo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:23 pm

Hey I just got my first GameCube, and due to high game prices threw in a Xeno modchip. I was only able to play full sized DVD-Rs successfully (Yes i adjusted the POT and used a multi meter, tried just about every OHM value, still had DNR's). My question is, is it viable to buy a case to fit full sized DVDs? Or can I 3d Print one from shape ways perhaps? I'm willing to use a dremel to cut up mine but before i ruined it i wanted to make sure. Is there any guide as to how to do this in a decent way if I have to? Thanks in advance
jlo138

Re: Replacement case for full sized DVDs?

Post by jlo138 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:50 pm

If you can't find a replacement top then personally I wouldn't cut the original. Just leave the top off (but to the side) and use full size discs without it on. Put tape or something better to hold the lid switch down. When your not playing, just sit the top back on to prevent dust accumulation. Not as cool but the solution works.
.timil retcarahc 552 a si erehT .ekam uoy stsop ot dedda eb nac taht txet fo kcolb a si sihT
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:16 pm

Instead of putting tape on the lid switch, unplug it from the DVD board and put a good old IDE jumper in the connector instead, that works like a charm.
MockyLock

Post by MockyLock » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:07 am

I may have one spare full size case if you want.