i dont know if my gamecube have a Qoob chip installed

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
afelpeto

i dont know if my gamecube have a Qoob chip installed

Post by afelpeto » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:45 pm

Hi, recently i bought a gamecube with a Resident Evil modded case with RGB lights in it and i realize that in the back i have a "Qoob" sticker attached, and i dont see any switches or anything in the console that indicates me that if its installed, normal booth too, but the sticker its there, anyone knows a way to check if its installed without opening the gamecube?, or i need to open it anyways. Thanks
Andross89

Re: i dont know if my gamecube have a Qoob chip installed

Post by Andross89 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:31 pm

afelpeto wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:45 pm
Hi, recently i bought a gamecube with a Resident Evil modded case with RGB lights in it and i realize that in the back i have a "Qoob" sticker attached, and i dont see any switches or anything in the console that indicates me that if its installed, normal booth too, but the sticker its there, anyone knows a way to check if its installed without opening the gamecube?, or i need to open it anyways. Thanks
On the side of the console (opposite the fan), it is possible to identify the Qoob Pro installed by the chip and its light on when connected. Maybe the other version of Qoob is similar. It's quite simple.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: i dont know if my gamecube have a Qoob chip installed

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:35 am

afelpeto wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:45 pm
Might be a QoobSX which wouldn't have a programmer. I'd open the cube to be sure.