Wii DVD/Wiikey Fusion/WODE to GC tutorial + Compatibility

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Ashen

Wii DVD/Wiikey Fusion/WODE to GC tutorial + Compatibility

Post by Ashen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Please note: Duplication in part or in whole of any part of this guide, its contents or visual references is strictly prohibited without the express consent of the author.

Original Discussion here: http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... ?f=3&t=301

Guide + Wiikey Compatibility list here: http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... 4054#p4054

Wii DVD/Wiikey Fusion/WODE (sd/hdd loading) on Gamecube Guide/Tutorial
Direct copy from the gc-forever.com forums.

Things to know ahead of time:
1. You will need some soldering skill to perform this mod.
2. If you want to retain the ability to hook the original GameCube DVD drive back up you may solder to the DVD connector pins on the bottom of the GC motherboard (only one can be hooked up at a time!). If you plan to remove the connector a desoldering iron is recommended.
3. As of right now only original GameCube discs work with the Wii DVD drive mod. This may change in the future as different GC and Wii modchips are tested.
4. Not all Wii DVD drive revisions are tested.
5. When the Wii DVD drive is connected to the GC the disc insertion/disc eject (slot loading mechanism) acts kind of funny.
6. The Wiikey Fusion is not compatible with all Gamecubes! See the compatibility list below.
7. Last but not least, We are not responsible for anything you destroy or electronics that go up in a puff of blue smoke whilst attempting this Mod. If you read and follow this guide carefully you should be ok.

For those interested here is an early video of the testing of the Wii DVD mod: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ashen123451 ... MeXMlDtaGE

Zenloc's most epic Wiikey Fusion video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jht0PBJVTZE

Emu_kidid running the WODE on his cube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKGwzPU0Bs4

That all being said, on to the meat and potatoes.

Wii DVD/Wiikey Fusion/WODE Jukebox to Gamecube Mod:

These are the connector pin out's of the Wii DVD Drive and Modchips confirmed working with the GameCube:
Wii DVD Drive:
Wiikey Fusion:
WODE Jukebox:

In reference to the above pinouts, all of the connectors pins 1 through 32 run from right to left. Pin 1 being rightmost on the connector and ending with pin 32 being leftmost.

Special Pins/Connections:

Pins 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20 are ground pins and must be connected with a common ground on the GameCube motherboard itself!

Pin 32 Needs 3.3v power input to power the modchips. The Wii DVD drive will function without this hooked up.

Pin 23 Is the "lid open/closed" signal. Wire a on/off switch between this connection to retain the ability to "open/close the lid". The normal GameCube lidswitch is fine. This is needed for multi-disc game disc swapping.

Pin 29 Simulates the Wii's eject button and also controls disc sensing. This pin needs to be run to a normally closed momentary tact switch which is then run to the GameCube's ground. The DVD drive/Modchip WILL NOT FUNCTION unless this is done exactly as stated. Here is an example of the type of switch you will need:

The common (C) pin should be run to pin 29, the normally closed (NC) pin should be run to the GameCube motherboard's ground and the normally open (NO) pin should go to 1.9v from the GameCube's regulator (1.9v is only needed for the Wii DVD Drive! Wiikey Fusion/WODE requires only the pin29/switch/gnd).

Little update from none other than our ol' pal Shockslayer that I think is worth noting if your having issues getting your wiikey to work:
ShockSlayer wrote:a few days ago, the wiikey quit working all together. I tried everything, I knew my wiring was good, checked all the switches, all sorts of sd card formatting, etc.

Nothing was fixing it.

I decided even though it had worked plenty of times before with the "eject" switch on just ground and pin 29, hooking up 1.9v might be what the wiikey needs. One added wire, once pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant button press?

Ta-da. Wiikey works every time I press the button, first try. Pretty damn happy about that.

I suggest that, if you know your wiring is good, the blue light flashes in sequence with the "reading disc" message, you know your SD card is compatible and formatted right, and you can't get your Wiikey to work?

Try this next.

I suppose it could have something to do with the Wiikey itself, or it's compatibility with this cube. I never had this problem with my last cube, it might have something to do with the board revision because the IPL on this one is the same as my last working one.

SS
Pins 30 and 31 are left disconnected.

Gamecube soldering points:
The soldering points depicted below are the above referenced Wii pin #'s. No confusing pinmatch required anymore.
Gamecube Motherboard DVD Drive connector. TOP of Motherboard:
Gamecube Motherboard DVD Drive connector. BOTTOM of Motherboard:

The power connections for the Wii DVD drive/WODE may be taken straight from the correct voltage pins on the GameCubes regulator board. For portablizing purposes the 12v power connector on the Wii DVD drive has been tested (not extensively) and confirmed to work with as low as 7.4v, it should work fine with Zenloc's custom regulator.

Power Regulator to Motherboard input (Rev A/B only):

Making the connections between the systems:

However you decide to make the connection between the systems a high gauge 24-28awg solid insulated wire type is recommended. IDE wire has also been reported to be acceptable. Keep your wire length to a minimum. Anything over 5-6" wire length may run into latency issues. To sum it up, the shorter the better.

1. (DVD/Wiikey/WODE) Currently the best connection option is to order one of the connectors listed below. This option allows you to connect the flat ribbon cable directly from the DVD drive/Wiikey Fusion/WODE and provides good sized solderable pads/thru holes to run your wires to. Depending on the interest shown in this mod emu_kidid may end up stocking one of them in the web store. http://www.proto-advantage.com/store/pr ... id=3400013 http://www.newhavendisplay.com/index.ph ... ts_id=2476 http://en.esskabel.de/adapter/datasheet ... 0-set/186/ http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=6598834882 + http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5686938034 http://www.lcd-store.de/xaranshop_k014013s001_1.htm (You have to specify that you need 32 pins though). If you decide to use an FFC adapter that has too many pins you need to make sure that the pins are aligned correctly when you seat the FFC into the adapter! Check continuity from the end of the FFC to the soldering points of the adapter BEFORE you attempt to power on the system! You can kill your DVD drive/modchip very easily this way! After you've done this its a very good idea to secure the FFC in the socket in some way (hot glue, epoxy).

2. (DVD Only) The second method is to solder to the test pads right on the Wii DVD drive daughterboard. As you can see in the photo above each connection coming from the ribbon cable has its own test pad that can be soldered to. Since there are so many different revisions of the Wii DVD drive daughterboard you will need to do your own testing and confirm what pads go to what pins.

3. (DVD/Wiikey/WODE) The third option is to solder directly to the ribbon cable leads. This can be very precarious work and for long term use may not be reliable depending on your soldering skills. However it is do'able. The easiest way I found is to split every lead on one end of the ribbon cable with a razor blade and fold every other lead back to avoid bridging. Hold the bent back leads in place with some double sided tape placed beneath them. Tinning the leads before hand should aid in making a proper connection. The leads on the ribbon cable are very easy to burn through so make sure you use as little heat and contact time as necessary with your soldering iron. After confirming continuity on all pins covering the soldered end of the ribbon cable in hot glue or epoxy is recommended to avoid future broken connections. Here is an example of this method:

Other notes:

Before using your Wiikey Fusion on your GameCube you must set the region switch correctly! Else the GameCube will give you the standard error that you get when a Disc Drive is not connected to the Cube. Instuctions on how to set the region DIP switches on the Wiikey Fusion can be found here: http://www.wiikey.com/en/support/wiikey ... tallation/

When first connecting a Wiikey Fusion to a gamecube you will need to update it to v1.5 Wiikey Fusion firmware for it to work with the GameCube properly. This update can be done right on the GameCube, However you must have an SD card inserted at system power on with only the v1.5 firmware update on it for the Wiikey to boot properly and to recognize the SD card inserted. All Wiikey Fusions I've received so far have shipped with v1.0 firmware flashed to them, so this is required most if not all of the time.

The Wiikey Fusion has been confirmed to work with multidisc games using a SD card swapping method. When asked to switch discs simply swap the SD card to a SD card with the next disc .iso on it and flip/press your lid/open closed switch. There is however one other catch.

When adding games to SD card it seems that the Wiikey uses whatever "slot" the game is loaded to to identify what image to mount if the SD card is removed and reinserted during gameplay. So if on one card you have 5 games and on another card you have 3 games and the multidisc game you are playing ends up in a different slot than it is on the first SD card. The trick will not work. Ex:

SD card 1:
1. game x
2. game c
3. game v(disc1)

SD card 2:
1. game v(disc2)
2. game p
3. game d

This will not work! The game needs to be in the same "slot" as such:

SD card 1:
1. game x
2. game c
3. game v(disc1)

SD card 2:
1. game q
2. game p
3. game v(disc2)

This would work. I'm not 100% sure how WBFS manager arranges things on the card and why. Honestly the best way I can say to play a multidisc game this way is to just go buy two 2gb SD cards and put disc 1 on one of them and disc 2 on another.

For those of you who like to have a bit more of a visual guide/reference and are using the newhaven display FFC adapter, Beta has made up this nice clean diagram and shared it for everyone's use:

I ask that if you find this mod useful and use it please give credit where its due. Many months were sunk into getting all this working. Find master Zenloc and emu_kidid and toss them some thanks too ;)
Ashen

Re: Wii DVD + Wiikey Fusion (SD Loading) to GCN mod

Post by Ashen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:00 am

Wiikey Fusion Compatibility List

This thread will be unlocked so that people can post compatibility reports here and I will keep this posting updated as best I can. Please keep all non compatibility releated chatter in the other thread http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... &start=564, compatibility reports here only please.

Obviously these games have not been played all the way through. The testing for now is to see if the games boot ok and make it in game. Multidisc testing has been performed by Inserting an SD card with a disc 2.iso on it, starting a new game and then swapping to an SD card with disc 1.iso on it when prompted. If you find issues with actual gameplay that's not reported here by all means please let us know.

After I update THIS post with your compatibility info I will delete your post in order to keep this thread clean. Any off topic chatter will also be deleted. Don't get pissy with me if you didn't read this first and your post disappears.

When reporting compatibility testing results please make sure your Wiikey Fusion is updated to the latest firmware version and provide: Console region, Region of .iso tested and the IPL revision of your GC. Please, please, please make sure that the .iso dump you are testing is a good dump before posting here. If you find a game that will not run or black screens if possible please test an off region version of that game. If you are using a WBFS manager other than the latest official Wiikey one please specify which one you used.

If you have a NTSC-U game you want tested that did not make the list PM me and I'll try to get to it when I can.

IPL Compatibility:

NTSC-U v1.0 Incompatible
NTSC-U v1.1 Compatible
NTSC-U v1.2 Compatible
PAL v1.0 Compatible
NTSC-J v1.0 Incompatible

Legend:
* Game boots fine - Playable
All games with issues will have a bold notation describing the issue

NTSC-U

1.1. 007: Everything or Nothing *
2. Animal Crossing (shrunk)*
3. Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance*
4. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings (Disc 1)* (SD disc swap trick working)
5. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings (Disc 2)* (SD disc swap trick working)
6. Baten Kaitos: Origins (Disc 1)* (SD disc swap trick working)
7. Baten Kaitos: Origins (Disc 2)* (SD disc swap trick working)
8. Batman Begins*
9. Batman Dark Tomorrow*
10. Beyond Good and Evil*
11. Burnout 2: Point of Impact*
12. Bust a Move 3000*
13. Call of Duty: Finest Hour*
14. Chibi-Robo!*
15. Crazy Taxi*
16. DDR: Mario Mix*
17. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat*
18. Donkey Konga*
19. Eternal Darkness*
20. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance*
21. F-Zero GX*
22. Game Boy Player Start-Up Disc*
23. Gauntlet: Dark Legacy*
24. Geist*
25. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – NTSC version black screens – PAL version runs fine
26. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire*
27. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban*
28. Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone*
29. Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup*
30. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin*
31. Hulk*
32. Ikaruga – Boots into game fine. Selection menu loops
33. Kirbys Air Ride*
34. Lego Star Wars II*
35. Lego Star Wars*
36. Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (Disc 1)* (SD disc swap trick working)
37. Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (Disc 2)* (SD disc swap trick working)
38. Lost Kingdoms 2*
39. Lost Kingdoms*
40. Luigi’s Mansion – Boots to Nintendo Logo, gets DRE. PAL version works fine.
41. Madden 07*
42. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour*
43. Mario Kart Double Dash*
44. Mario Kart N64 (Zelda Collectors Emulator)*
45. Mario Party 4*
46. Mario Party 5*
47. Mario Party 6*
48. Mario Party 7*
49. Mario Power Tennis*
50. Mario Superstar Baseball*
51. Medal of Honor: Frontline*
52. Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (Disc 1)* (SD disc swap trick working)
53. Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (Disc 2)* (SD disc swap trick working)
54. Megaman X Collection*
55. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Disc 1)* (SD swap trick unneeded, game allows saving before switching discs)
56. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Disc 2)* (SD swap trick unneeded, game allows saving before switching discs)
57. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes*
58. Metroid Prime*
59. Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance*
60. Namco Museum*
61. Nascar 2005*
62. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2*
63. Need for Speed: Most Wanted*
64. Need for Speed: Underground*
65. NHL Hitz 2003*
66. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door*
67. Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II Plus*
68. Pikmin 2*
69. Pikmin*
70. Pokemon Box*
71. Pokemon Colosseum*
72. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness*
73. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time*
74. Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones*
75. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within*
76. Puyo Pop Fever*
77. Rainbow Six 3*
78. Resident Evil (Disc 1)* (SD disc swap trick working)
79. Resident Evil (Disc 2)* (SD disc swap trick working)
80. Resident Evil 0 (Disc 1)* (SD disc swap trick working)
81. Resident Evil 0 (Disc 2)* (SD disc swap trick working)
82. Resident Evil 2*
83. Resident Evil 3*
84. Resident Evil 4 (Disc 1)* (SD disc swap trick working)
85. Resident Evil 4 (Disc 2)* (SD disc swap trick working)
86. Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (Disc 1)* (SD disc swap trick working)
87. Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (Disc 2)* (SD disc swap trick working)
88. Skies of Arcadia legends*
89. Sonic Adventure 2 - Battle*
90. Sonic Adventure DX: Directors Cut*
91. Soul Calibur 2*
92. Spawn: Armageddon*
93. Splinter Cell *
94. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Disc 1)* (SD disc swap trick working)
95. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Disc 2)* (SD disc swap trick working)
96. Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Disc 1)* (SD disc swap trick working)
97. Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Disc 2)* (SD disc swap trick working)
98. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow*
99. Spyhunter*
100. Spyro: A Hero’s Tale*
101. Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly*
102. SSX 3*
103. SSX On Tour*
104. SSX Tricky*
105. Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast*
106. Star Wars: Rouge Squadron II: Rouge Leader*
107. Star Wars: Rouge Squadron III: Rebel Strike*
108. Starfox Adventures*
109. Starfox Assault*
110. Summoner: A Goddess Reborn*
111. Super Mario Strikers*
112. Super Mario Sunshine*
113. Super Smash Brothers Melee*
114. Tales of Symphonia (Disc 1)* (SD disc swap trick working)
115. Tales of Symphonia (Disc 2)* (SD disc swap trick working)
116. Tetris Worlds*
117. The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition*
118. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures*
119. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker*
120. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess*
121. Tiger Woods 2005 (Disc 1)* (SD disc swap trick working)
122. Tiger Woods 2005 (Disc 2)* (SD disc swap trick working)
123. Time Splitters 2*
124. Time Splitters: Future Perfect*
125. Tomb Raider: Legend*
126. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4*
127. Ultimate Spider Man*
128. Veiwtiful Joe 2*
129. Veiwtiful Joe*
130. Virtua Quest*
131. Wario World*
132. Warioware, Inc. Mega Party Games*
133. Wave Race: Blue Storm*
134. XIII*
135. X-Men: Legends II*
136. X-Men: Legends*

NTSC-J

1. Batman: Dark Tomorrow* (NTSC-U also working)
2. Gakuen Toshi Varanoir Roses*
3. Generation of Chaos Exceed*
4. Resident Evil 2/Biohazard 2* (NTSC-U also working)

PAL

1. 007 - Agent Under Fire*
2. Crazy Taxi* no bg music (audiostreaming)
3. F-Zero GX*
4. Legend of Zelda - Collectors Edition*
5. Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess*
6. Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker*
7. Luigi's Mansion*
8. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour*
9. Mario Kart Double Dash*
10. Metroid Prime 2 - Echoes*
11. Metroid Prime*
12. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door*
13. Sould Calibur 2*
14. Star Fox Assault*
15. Super Monkey Ball 2*
16. Super Smash Bros. Melee*
17. The Simpsons: Hit and Run*
18. The Sims 2*
19. True Crime: Streets of LA*
20. Wario Ware INC. Mega Party Games*
21. Wario World*

Contributers: Ashen, Bearteam, Abb_Eliten, emu_kidid, Hugo_Peters
patryc

Re: Wii DVD/Wiikey Fusion/WODE to GC tutorial + Compatibilit

Post by patryc » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:15 pm

Has any one tried scrubbing yet? Everything I have tried so far works (the same as unscrubbed); saves so much space. Using a Wii with Wiikey Fusion but think results will be the same.
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Ashen wrote:Wiikey Fusion Compatibility List

This thread will be unlocked so that people can post compatibility reports here and I will keep this posting updated as best I can.
I have just installed Wiikey Fusion on my PAL Wii and tested it with Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life: the game seems to work fine.

Is this the right place to post my experience (as a total newb at modding) of the installation or should I start a new thread? (There appears to be some serious misinformation in the official guide.)
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:42 pm

This is the right place to post compatibility for your region. Testing off region games is hit and miss, so if its not a game of your region it may not work at all. The wiikey website says 80% cross region compatibility, but who knows for sure how accurate that number is.

Serious misinformation concerning what exactly?
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Ashen wrote:This is the right place to post compatibility for your region.
Yes, it is a game for my region (EUR). It's the PAL version of Harvest Moon AWL and I'm testing on a PAL Wii.
Ashen wrote:Serious misinformation concerning what exactly?
The dip switches are all set to 'off' in the official guide. In the WiiDriveKey guide which I started using because it's much clearer, they are all set to 'on'. I set them to on and it works, so I suppose setting them to off must be wrong.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:15 pm

The switches are set differently for different regions. You should set up the switches as you would on a Wii according to the official Wiikey sites installation tutorial. If you look at Beta's diagram above, PAL and US NTSC settings are shown there.
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Ashen wrote:If you look at Beta's diagram above, PAL and US NTSC settings are shown there.
Well I've just set them all to 'off' as in the official guide, and now it doesn't work any more - I get "unable to read disc" in the Disc Channel.
Dips.png
(174.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:26 pm

For PAL the switches should all be set to the ON position (switched away from the numbers).

If you're still having trouble, just use what you know works I guess. I've never encountered a Wiikey Fusion that the region switches didn't work correctly on. It is an Official Wiikey Fusion right?
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:23 pm

Ashen, I think I am maybe not communicating very well. It is an official Wiikey. The official guide says set all dip switches off for my region. I thought that must be wrong so I set them all on like in the unofficial guide and it worked. You said, follow the official instructions as in their picture. I attached a screen shot of their picture showing them all off for my region, and set them off as instructed and it doesn't work any more. Now you say set them all on? (Well it is good practice I suppose! :) )
infact

Post by infact » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:49 pm

HomelandReloaded: regarding the picture you posted, the switches are set to ON.
infact
Image Image
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:53 pm

infact wrote:HomelandReloaded: regarding the picture you posted, the switches are set to ON.
Modding is more difficult than I thought... (sound of head banging against wall) - I'll call it a day and take another look next weekend :s
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:55 am

Well, I've been reading about dip switches, and I think there can be no doubt that the official guide, as well as my image from it, show them all off (away from 'on' and next to the numbers) for the PAL regions. They should be all on, which worked for me, so the official guide is wrong.

Now I'm getting more confident my next practice project will be converting a Japanese cube to US. Btw, how do you embed images in a post? I couldn't see how to do it at the time.
infact

Post by infact » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:01 am

I will try it one last time :D: ALL FOUR are set to ON, in your picture and in the official guide. The switches are WHITE. :D
infact
Image Image
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:47 am

infact wrote:The switches are WHITE. :D
Ah, yes! Sorry about that.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:28 pm

confirmed working:

NTSC-J
Radirgy

PAL
Harvest Moon - A Wonderful Life

and Rebel Strike PAL really doesn't want to start ;)
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
siphoned

Post by siphoned » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 pm

WBFSmanager 4 always turns the iso to full size (unscrubbed). How do you transfer images to the sd in a scrubbed form? I see the compatibility list has animal crossing (shrunk) listed as working. Am I using the wrong transfer manager or am I missing a setting somewhere?
infact

Post by infact » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:24 pm

nope, the wbfs manager 4 is just a hack to support gamecube images, they didn't bother adding support for scrubbed images. however you can use the command line tool wwt (http://wit.wiimm.de/wwt/) to make that happen.
there also are gui frontends available.
infact
Image Image
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:37 pm

So, a thought occurred to me today and I figured I'd test it.

If you remember at all (probably not) NTSC Gamecubes IPL v1.0 would freeze when the Wiikey's "eject" button was pressed while in the IPL itself. This could be gotten around by holding in the "eject" button while powering on the GC. The Wiikey would then load the loader .iso before the IPL was fully booted and would allow you to boot into the Wiikey game selection menu. Unfortunately, even when doing this you could get to the menu and select a game but the Wiikey would then reboot the GameCube and it would hang in the IPL as the Cube logo animation was being displayed. A few select games WOULD boot properly, but 96% of the games I tested wouldn't boot.

So yea, the thought hit me while I was at work that Swiss, when flashed to the Wiikey does not re-boot the GameCube when you select a game to play. Voila! every single game I tossed at it on an NTSC IPL 1.0 cube booted perfectly from Swiss on the Wiikey. So the only "trick" you'll need to do if you have a NTSC 1.0 cube now is to hold the "eject" button in while the gamecube boots, once you see the blue LED flash on the Wiikey, release the button.

NTSC IPL v1.0: Compatible

Just one more reason to add to the list of "why Emu_kidid rocks"
siphoned

Post by siphoned » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:17 pm

infact wrote:nope, the wbfs manager 4 is just a hack to support gamecube images, they didn't bother adding support for scrubbed images. however you can use the command line tool wwt (http://wit.wiimm.de/wwt/) to make that happen.
there also are gui frontends available.
Thanks! The command line will be fine. I look forward to checkin it out.
MoRZiLLo

Post by MoRZiLLo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:44 pm

And this is the unoficcial WBFS manager for GNU/Linux without support for Gamecube iso.
http://code.google.com/p/linux-wbfs-manager/
I'm only use Linux and this works for me , but you need to be root before start wbfs_gtk!!!
bearteam

Post by bearteam » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:32 pm

Ashen wrote:Wiikey Fusion Compatibility List

IPL Compatibility:[/size]
NTSC-U v1.0 Incompatible
NTSC-U v1.1 Compatible
NTSC-U v1.2 Compatible
PAL v1.0 Compatible
NTSC-J v1.0 Incompatible
Now IPL v1.0 is compatible due to Swiss 0.3(need to be flashed into WKF as initial ISO).
bearteam

Post by bearteam » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Ashen wrote:So, a thought occurred to me today and I figured I'd test it.

If you remember at all (probably not) NTSC Gamecubes IPL v1.0 would freeze when the Wiikey's "eject" button was pressed while in the IPL itself. This could be gotten around by holding in the "eject" button while powering on the GC. The Wiikey would then load the loader .iso before the IPL was fully booted and would allow you to boot into the Wiikey game selection menu. Unfortunately, even when doing this you could get to the menu and select a game but the Wiikey would then reboot the GameCube and it would hang in the IPL as the Cube logo animation was being displayed. A few select games WOULD boot properly, but 96% of the games I tested wouldn't boot.

So yea, the thought hit me while I was at work that Swiss, when flashed to the Wiikey does not re-boot the GameCube when you select a game to play. Voila! every single game I tossed at it on an NTSC IPL 1.0 cube booted perfectly from Swiss on the Wiikey. So the only "trick" you'll need to do if you have a NTSC 1.0 cube now is to hold the "eject" button in while the gamecube boots, once you see the blue LED flash on the Wiikey, release the button.

NTSC IPL v1.0: Compatible

Just one more reason to add to the list of "why Emu_kidid rocks"
Sorry, I missed your thread here. But why not update your tutorial?
Gamerlolwind

Post by Gamerlolwind » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Hay guys,
gamer from modretro forums,
i have been "eagerly" working on my GCP (CubefusionPAL) for the last two full months, stared work log in september 01 after receiving case for portable from fellow member, bugman.

worklog: http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10448

im gettting to the point now where im nearly finished with making it.

lots of help from ashen for the GC modding to my PAL board (001),
thanx SO much, ashen for the GC mod Commission and Shockslayer for Buliding LM368 amp and Charge N Play part all via Commissions asked by me.

also, i'd like to contribute some of my games compatablty and finds to the Wiikey fusion compatabilty list: (will update when ever i test more of my games etc)

Key:

Works: *
problem loading after boot via wiikey: NL

PAL:

Fire Emblem POR*
Lugi's Mansion*
super smash bros Melee*
zelda TP*
Zelda Ocarina Multi pack (preorder bonus with zelda WW)* (but no sound on game menu select screen?) i mean:
Zelda WW*
Megaman X command mission*
sonic Adventure battle 2*
Zelda collectors edtion*
Codename KND operation V.I.D.E.O G.A.M.E*
Tales of Sympohina (disk 1)* and (disk 2)*
Lord of the Rings: two towers*

more soon...

NTSC-U

Beaten katios Orgins (US game only): (needs more testing)

NTSC-J

Zelda Four swords (plus): ISSUE: boots after selecting on wiikey fusion, but doesn't load to start up screen? FIX?

that's all my tests for now, more soon..
Attachments
Screenshot_8_7_13_4_20_PM_zps4bc3b4d6.jpg
(537.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Gamerlolwind on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.