A USB reader concept in theory.... Your Thoughts, please!

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
jaydrive2000

A USB reader concept in theory.... Your Thoughts, please!

Post by jaydrive2000 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:39 pm

Afternoon folks.

I recently salvaged the gamecube connectors off of a Wii that no longer functioned, and wondered if i could put the memory card slots to good use, other than restoring GC functions on a Wii...

Before i continue, I am aware of GCMM of Modded Wii's to txfr memory card data to an SD card and back and forth.

I just an idea i've had floating in my head the last couple of days, and wanted some feedback about wether it's feasable or possible.

So, let's start with the basis of the USB gecko... essentially a memory card with a USB port on it, right? You've got one half which is the memory card to the Gamecube - and the other half which is a serial port to the PC which can read off the data from what is the GC memory card.

Would it be possible, to use the PC comms side of a USB gecko - and instead of it hooking up to a built in memory card chip - have it connected to a GameCube memory Card connector?

What kind of issues could be in the way of this being possible? This is just a theory idea and something i'm playing around with for the moment. So if it's not possible i'm not loosing any sleep over it.
Extrems

Re: A USB reader concept in theory.... Your Thoughts, please!

Post by Extrems » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:55 pm

That's not what the USB Gecko is.
jaydrive2000

Re: A USB reader concept in theory.... Your Thoughts, please!

Post by jaydrive2000 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Many thanks to you both!