Hi, about Serial port 2 USB for Swiss, any chance?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
gckrz

Re: Hi, about Serial port 2 USB for Swiss, any chance?

Post by gckrz » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:15 am

Papy.G wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:37 am
Just do not use outdated SWISS releases, always keep up to date so you'll get the better from it. :roll:
775-1 was the latest release at the time I received the board and burnt the disk :?
Papy.G wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:37 am
Pin assignment is quite straightforward:
SP-SD
VCC-VCC
GND-GND
CS-CS
CLK-CLK
MOSI-MOSI
MISO-MISO

Beware, if MISO and MOSI are labelled DI/DO, you'll have to cross the wires so that it will be:
DO-DI
DI-DO
I will check that, maybe my mate rerouted some traces (but I doubt so).
I3lackcloud

Post by I3lackcloud » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:07 am

Hi there,

excuse me my shabby english, it is not my mother language. ;)

I own a Gamecube with a qoob pro. As bios i use iplboot to boot directly from the sd-gecko in slot B. In the next weeks i will receive all parts for a sd2sp2 and i want to replace the sd-gecko with it. As i read in some threads, iplboot was not able to boot a dol from sd2sdp2. But PapyrusWithCheesy added some code, with which iplboot should be able to boot from sd2sp2, as found here:

https://github.com/redolution/iplboot/c ... 124c9a2e71

A few sites previously in this thread i read, that this ended in a green streaked screen.
Is this particular error now fixed? I would be very concerned, if it is possible to replace the sd-gecko completly with the sd2sp2.

Thank you!
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:48 am

The site says all, it supposedly just need to be recompiled with devkitPPC r26, everybody is stuck now for the chips with lesser memory, the confirmed working IPLboot is as big as 15 blocks at the moment, 10 blocks compressed, but it hasn't been confirmed working on any chip, one block is 8KB, see for yours.

Totally replacing the SDGecko is not a real good idea anyway, as many utilities are not ready for the SD2SP2, some emulators hadn't been maintained for a long time, for example.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
I3lackcloud

Post by I3lackcloud » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:39 am

Thank you for your replay!

I am not sure, if i understand you correctly. Is there a working version for chips with larger memory as the qoob pro (2MB)? And do the problem only exists for chips with lesser memory like the SX (128kb)?
Or is there no compiled version at all at this time and i have to wait a bit longer until someone could compile the code?

I don't use any other applicatione (like emulators etc.) than swiss. Swiss for me is only for outputting 480p and play some backups from the sd card.
brunops3

Post by brunops3 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:26 am

Hi guys.

I really hope someone post here the compressed dol/vgc files (< 128 kb) of the latest revision of iplboot (with SD2SP2 support) for using with the Viper GC (not Extreme).

Thank you.
I3lackcloud

Post by I3lackcloud » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:46 am

Are there any news on a new compiled iplboot for qoob pro with sd2sp2 support?
Did you found a way to compile with the devkitPPC r26?
PlatypusWithCheese

Post by PlatypusWithCheese » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:06 am

To compile iplboot with SD2SP2 support requires the latest devkitPPC(rolling release)
Compiled file will be too large for qoob SX, requires qoob Pro.
I will not compile it for you.
Here is a link to the repo https://github.com/redolution/iplboot NO LONGER MAINTAINED

This is roughly how you do:
PlatypusWithCheese wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:16 am
if you are on debian/ubuntu

- Install latest devkitpro-pacman then run

Code: Select all

dkp-pacman -S gamecube-dev
- Install Clang and 32bit gcc libraries

sudo apt-get install clang gcc-multilib
- Create Clang symlink

ln -s /usr/bin/clang $DEVKITPPC/bin/powerpc-eabi-clang
- Locate PAL 1.0 IPL put it in the same directory as the makefile and name it ipl.rom
- Run make

but i do not know how to get it to output the viper gc file.
Sending me a PM about this will probably link you to this.
Indigo DOL-001(EUR)/GBP/BBA/RGB/SD2SP2/GCLoader
djchildren

Post by djchildren » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:19 pm

gckrz wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:01 pm
The Gamecube has XenoGC in it. I am booting from a DVD-R with swiss-gc v0.4r775-1.

I can execute the .dol from the 512 mb sd-card in the SP2SD. I did not put any iso-s on it, because they do not fit.

The 2 Gb card which is detected just shows up in the selection of sources. When I select it, it disappears from the selection, and then allows to select DVD or ram.
If I put another 2 Gb card or a 4gb card or a 16 Gb card or any of the 32 Gb cards after the boot sequence swiss just straight lists the content of the DVD.

I tried electrolytic capacitors 22uF 25V and 100 uF 16V - same symptoms.
The same cards do detect and list filesystem if inserted in wiisd (so should not be a file system problem).

Hi i had same issue. There is no problem about the size of the microSD. I had to delete partition and create a new one as FAT32
i was doing this with windows right click and format tool but gc swiss shows only a screen detecting the sd and saying what file format its supported then dissapearing
I use minitool partition magic and notice memory was formated on GPD and not as primary partition. Deleted all partitions and format on FAT32 then my 16gb was detected correctly