GCPlug controlled by gamepad?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Voyager

GCPlug controlled by gamepad?

Post by Voyager » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:11 am

Hi guys!
I'm new here and I have a quick question right away.
If I connect pin 94 on the GCPlug FPGA chip to the Controller pin on Gamecube PCB (just like in case of Pluto IIx), will I be able to navigate the OSD settings using the Controller (along with the IR remote)?
Thanks in advance! :D
antho29

Re: GCPlug controlled by gamepad?

Post by antho29 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:54 am

Hello,
Did you find the answer?
I integrated a gcplug in the GameCube and I would like to know if it was possible to control by the controller.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:36 am

IOs on the FPGA are assigned to one function or another due to PCB topograpy differences, not sure there's a pin assigned to controller input on the GCPlug's FW version, as it it not supposed to be connected to the console innards.

Someone with the GCVideo FW building know how may answer or even provide a dedicated FW.

Sincerely, the IR solution is good enough, as you're not likely to be needing to change parameters every now and then once you've set the thing up.

You may be able to lenghten the IR wire so that it gets to the front of the console to be able to catch the remote signal.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
dilav

Post by dilav » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:30 am

antho29 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:54 am
Hello,
Did you find the answer?
I integrated a gcplug in the GameCube and I would like to know if it was possible to control by the controller.
Should work, but it's pin 48.
https://github.com/ikorb/gcvideo/blob/m ... gcplug.ucf
antho29

Post by antho29 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:33 pm

dilav wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:30 am
antho29 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:54 am
Hello,
Did you find the answer?
Should work, but it's pin 48.
https://github.com/ikorb/gcvideo/blob/m ... gcplug.ucf
Thanks, I hadn't seen this file 😅.
unfortunately it doesn't work, controller 1 no longer works when pin 48 is connected.

I had tried to put the receiver behind the front panel, but the plastic is too thick and the signal did not pass. So I placed the IR receiver on the side behind the ventilation grid, it works but you have to be close enough <1m
dilav

Post by dilav » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:25 pm

The pin def wasn't in the main repo until 3.0something IIRC. It's possible whoever complied the firmware has specified something different. If you have a hardware flasher, I'd update the firmware first.