Component cable repair

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
dudemcgrude

Component cable repair

Post by dudemcgrude » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:32 am

Hi All, i am looking to replace the physical cable portion of of my gamecube component cables as i was starting to get signal loss in one of the connections. I am pretty sure the PCB portion is still functioning as i was able to temporarily connect other component cables and tested... but that may end up being the next part of my story....

Does anyone know what specific cable i should purchase as a replacement and any guidance on the proper way to reinstall? Its confusing since the the shielding on the inner portion of the cable appears to be twisted into a ground. I appreciate any help on the best way to get this back up and running!
IMG_1140.jpg
(157.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_1138.jpg
(161.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_1240.JPG
(42.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Papy.G

Re: Component cable repair

Post by Papy.G » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:33 am

Just find a 3xRCA-RCA component cable with individual ground shielding, and solder it back in place. The better may have been to be able to get rca plugs, but may have ended getting quite a bulky plug at the end.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
dudemcgrude

Re: Component cable repair

Post by dudemcgrude » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:23 pm

ok cool thank you for the response! im assuming i should do the same type of set up where the braided shield gets twisted into a "wire" and then soldered onto the ground, correct?