Easily connect a Wiikey Fusion?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Voldrak

Easily connect a Wiikey Fusion?

Post by Voldrak » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:41 pm

Hi there, I've got an old wiikey fusion that my father put in my wii back a long while ago, and I've finally gotten around to sorting out my situation with wiis. I have one wii that's my main one, with a Wiikey 2 now. But now I have a leftover Wiikey Fusion lying around, and I've heard I can put them in my gamecube. So I'm wondering if there's still a way to buy the adapter boards for the wiikey fusion to work with a gamecube solderless, such as the MegaDrive v3 or whatever it's called. I'd love to be able to install it and have swiss load without having to run the Wind Waker Exploit.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Easily connect a Wiikey Fusion?

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:30 pm

MegaDrive v3 were hand made by one person, any plug and play variants were also made by the same person and are now obsolete too.

Best you could do is find a v5 or v6 adapter and solder it in, but really it's not worth it unless if that sort of thing comes easy. You're better off selling it and getting a GCLoader which is far more supported by Swiss anyway.
Voldrak

Post by Voldrak » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:04 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:30 pm
MegaDrive v3 were hand made by one person, any plug and play variants were also made by the same person and are now obsolete too.

Best you could do is find a v5 or v6 adapter and solder it in, but really it's not worth it unless if that sort of thing comes easy. You're better off selling it and getting a GCLoader which is far more supported by Swiss anyway.
Ah, so there's no real way to use this anymore?

Is there any other disk drive replacements that support passthrough or anything?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:12 am

Voldrak wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:04 pm
Ah, so there's no real way to use this anymore?

Is there any other disk drive replacements that support passthrough or anything?
There are ways to use it, but you'd have to invest some time/effort into it that isn't really worth it, multiply the effort by about 10x if you wanted passthru to work as well.

There aren't any others currently that support passthru.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:36 am

If you're just looking for a faster way to boot SWISS, you don't have to bother that much installing such an invasive piece of hardware.

Upcoming chips gonna be cheap enough so you can get rid of your Wiikey Fusion, make some money in the trade, and still be able to use the disc drive!
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
paperme

Post by paperme » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:21 am

Hi, so i have the exact same situation as op. I want to run backup game from sd and original gamecube disks as well. Is there any point installing wiikey fusion on my gamecube ? Its the only modchip i have right now and i dont want to spend too much on this thing
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:06 am

Running original discs and backups off SD card is essentially what I do, and none of my three GCs are moded in any way.
There is no reasonably priced solution for what you want to do atm.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)