Panasonic Q - DVD no picture / Service codes / Swap components

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
LSL84

Panasonic Q - DVD no picture / Service codes / Swap components

Post by LSL84 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:02 am

Hello everyone!
  1. DVD no Picture
    Days ago I wrote this thread viewtopic.php?t=3579 I tested my Q with another 2 new RAF3011A laser lens and it still didn't read GC discs games, so I had a wrong decision, I took an image of a Panasonic disc, burned it and played it on the Q, after this action the DVD player the DVD player hasn't picture but sound is ok.

Almost 5 years later I took some time and analyzed my Q, I found the problem with the GameCube mode, it was the 32-pin FFC between GC board and laser controller board.

So now I would like to fix the DVD player. I found this thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3741&p=38431&hilit ... nic#p38431 but the last reply was Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:16 am.
  2. Service Codes
    When I started to analyze the Q hardware, I compared it to some Panasonic DVD service manuals and tried to run some service codes. I found out how to make some codes work. I would like to compare some codes of my Q with another one, could someone help me? All codes below are cancelled automatically 5 seconds later and it may execute on DVD mode without disc.
    • Display Region - Press "6" on the remote control + STOP on the Panasonic Q. It will display in the format: X YY ZZZ where X is the Region, YY is the system color(probably NN → NoPal/NTSC) and ZZZ is the Panel controller jumper information. My Q displayed: 2 NN 151
    • Firmware version??? - Press "7" on the remote control + STOP on the Panasonic Q. It will display 6 characters. My Q displayed: 60A062.
    • Some System information - Press "7" on the remote control + STOP on the Panasonic Q. It will display 5 information (FEP, SRI, 0DC, AV_, SYS). My Q displayed: FEP 000300, SRI 000200, 0DC 000304, AV_ 000096, SYS 450071. I guess that SYS is the firmware version because when I tested on DVD-RV41 the SYS is the same result when I execute the version display code and the another information (FEP, SRI, 0DC, AV_) are the same on Q and on RV41.
  3. Swap components
    I bought a Panasonic DVD-VR41 because it has an identical controller board. I had the idea of ​​replacing some components, such as IC Flash and EEPROM. What do you think? Or try to adapt the entire board and swap it?
protivakid

Re: Panasonic Q - DVD no picture / Service codes / Swap components

Post by protivakid » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:34 pm

Did you ever get anywhere with this? Same boat as you, no video when using DVD mode, drive doesn't even attempt to spin discs. Suspecting a bad FCC cable and plan to order replacements but open to input.