Raspberry Pico (PicoBoot) GameCube Panasonic Q

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
HinataNekoNya

Raspberry Pico (PicoBoot) GameCube Panasonic Q

Post by HinataNekoNya » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:32 pm

Hello today I am writing here to ask you a question regarding the evolution of the GameCube Modchip and trying if people have both to try to bring good news and bring me personal good news.

Would the new Modchip called "PicoBoot¹" work on GameCube Panasonic Q, if so with an external switch we can block the Pico's power supply and allow it to run only when we want to, which would give the possibility of playing without CD player.

If there is a need to reprogram the Pico software I am ready to devote some of my time to help you finally have a working Modchip on this version of the console!

In return for the tests I would need someone with the console and agreeing to put a Pico on it in order to find a solution which I think with this new formula would be a wide open door!!!

PS: If people are able to answer in French for me and make my work easier, it would be greatly appreciated!

PS: I post my project here because I know that it is a version of the console that interests you a lot and that the few posts that I found really talk about it here.

¹ https://github.com/webhdx/PicoBoot
Last edited by HinataNekoNya on Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
webhdx

Re: Raspberry Pico (PicoBoot) GameCube Panasonic Q

Post by webhdx » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:15 pm

PicoBoot is compatible with Q. It's been already tested.
HinataNekoNya

Post by HinataNekoNya » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:18 pm

webhdx wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:15 pm
I didn't know you were there but thank you for your answer, it reassures me that we finally have a solution for this version!
HinataNekoNya

Post by HinataNekoNya » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:26 pm

webhdx wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:15 pm
I have a question is that if I cut the power supply of the chip with a switch the GameCube system starts normally ???
webhdx

Post by webhdx » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:34 pm

Yes but you don't have to do it. Hold X, Y or B during boot to launch regular GC menu.
HinataNekoNya

Post by HinataNekoNya » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:27 am

webhdx wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:34 pm
Yes but you don't have to do it. Hold X, Y or B during boot to launch regular GC menu.
Merci c'est super c'est tout se que je voulais savoir !!!!