Panasonic Q AV No Output Issue

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
SanicTeam

Panasonic Q AV No Output Issue

Post by SanicTeam » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:38 am

A few months ago I had followed this threads process in hopes of fixing up my Panasonic Q. https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewt ... ube#p46987

My original problem was that the pot tweeks that I had done had surpassed the sweetspot value I was looking for, so I ended up damaging the laser. So as a last ditch effort I wanted to replace the optical drive I had. So as a result I bought a Panasonic DVD-XV10 to completely swap out the drive. To my surprise, gamecube games worked perfectly fine! It wasn't nessesary to pot tweek at all! However, I couldn't get the Panasonic Q to output from my AV cables. So to some what fix this problem I used my Carby HDMI Component to force out the video and audio to my monitor. Whenever I switch modes from GC to DVD I could tell that the drive is properly reading CD's and also not playing DVD (due to panasonic's dvd region restrictions), and obviously I can't see or hear anything out of my monitor.

So I was wondering if theres something that I did wrong durring my drive swap. If theres anyway to properly fix or restore a Panasonic Q's AV output please let me know!