Wiikey Fusion / Qoob Pro / SD2SP2 / Picoboot / Kunai Advantages / Disadvantages

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
_Alex_

Wiikey Fusion / Qoob Pro / SD2SP2 / Picoboot / Kunai Advantages / Disadvantages

Post by _Alex_ » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:43 pm

Hello,

i've searched already on google and also here in the forum. But my questions are still not answered in the way i liked to. :oops:

So here we go:

First of all i have one Cube with WKF/Swiss, one with a Qoob Pro/Swiss and one with a Xeno GC and Swiss on SD2SP2.

My plan was to desolder the WKF and solder a Pico in. Or does the WKF has any advantages over Picoboot? I've searched the forum already but i doesn't find anything about it. Is the compatibility the same or does the WKF provides a better compatibility?

There should be no difference in compatibility between the Qoob Pro/Picoboot/Kunai or Bootdisc if the games are booting from SD2SP2 but I'm really unsure about the WKF because it's an ODE. Maybe someone can light me up?

Thanks in Advance and sorry for my English!

Alex
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Wiikey Fusion / Qoob Pro / SD2SP2 / Picoboot / Kunai Advantages / Disadvantages

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:20 am

While the WKF is a disc drive replacement, it's also unmaintained/closed off/older hardware and it can only support up to a 64GB card (larger cards will show up but can't read beyond 64GB). Speed wise it'd be better than SD2SP2 for sure, but only move to picoboot/SD2SP2 if you can cleanly remove the WKF, otherwise leave it alone and just have it work as it's already set up to.