Swiss and gamecube Microphone

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
O_and_N

Swiss and gamecube Microphone

Post by O_and_N » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:47 pm

And I have one more problem. Long story short.
-pal gamecube with the digital output
-im forcing in 480p the game Odama with swiss now, but that one requires a Microphone to work.

So I basically have in memory slot 1 the original memory card with saved game form long ago, in memory slot 2 the sd card(and using the action replay to load swiss). Im starting the original disc game in forced 480p. When the game starts it asks me for the Microphone. So I remove the sd card with swiss from slot B and plug in the Microphone BUT its not recognized. I suspect that slot B still remembers the sd card with swiss !?

I did the opposite than, microfone in slot B and sd card in slot a, the game loads in 480p and it says there is no memory card or save to find. I remove the sd card from slot A and insert the gamecube memory card and its not loaded/ not recognized because slot A probably still remembers the sd card ?

If i dont use swiss and just start the pal game in 480i with the Microphone and original memory card all works but obviously its not in 480p.

How can I fix this situation ? Any setting in particular to touch or combination ?

Thank you again , I truly appreciate it !
Extrems

Re: Swiss and gamecube Microphone

Post by Extrems » Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:34 pm

You need a SD2SP2.
O_and_N

Post by O_and_N » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:21 pm

Many thanks. Completly forgot about that third hole. Any particular model / brand on amazon or are they all the same ?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:21 pm

It's essentially straight wiring, you only have to choose the way you can access the µSD, side slot is appreciable if you have a GBPlayer, IMHO. ;)

Some dolaunchers don't support the Microphone in their last revision, and may hang at boot, so you need to plug it only when SWISS is already launched.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
O_and_N

Post by O_and_N » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:46 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:21 pm
It's essentially straight wiring, you only have to choose the way you can access the µSD, side slot is appreciable if you have a GBPlayer, IMHO. ;)

Some dolaunchers don't support the Microphone in their last revision, and may hang at boot, so you need to plug it only when SWISS is already launched.
Many thanks. So the SD2SP2 came today and it was indeed the Solution :D .
I actually placed on it swiss, and with action replay doesn't boot. The correct order is :

Action replay + swiss from sd card in memory slot > than press B button and from there i select the SD2SP2 to boot in.After i enter the SD2SP2, i unplug the sd card from memory slot(i think is called sd gecko?) and plug in the microphone. > Than i remove the action replay and put in the game disc and now I launch the game with the parameters I want (which is 480p and widescreen). All works fine now including the microphone. Only downside is that I cant save configurations on the swiss when I run it from the SD2SP2 and every time I want to launch a game with that setup that requires the microphone, I have to set the game settings again for the play session but its not a problem as its only 2 options.

Thank you again for the help. Interesting thing. Looks like Odama supports widescreen, but when activated it loads after a few seconds on the left and right on the screen 2 transparent bars. They look to be development UI to me and not a error due to their appearance. Probably devs wanted to add more ui there ? There was a talk that bongos were also going to be used on the game to boost the soldiers fighting spirit so that is probably a unfinished space left over ? Anyway, all working now and thank you again mate .

Cheers
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:39 pm

Configuration file save location actually is a setting itself, so you can set it to SP2. :P

Strange to see such a behavior in widescreen mode, it's a 16:9 setting in the game, or did you set it via SWISS?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)