Audio drift with GCHD ?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
O_and_N

Audio drift with GCHD ?

Post by O_and_N » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:52 pm

So Ive been enjoying the gchd for a month now and I noticed since day one that after a few minutes of play, the audio starts to delay/drift it self. For example I shoot and I can hear the shooting sound 1-2 seconds later. The only way to fix this is for me to quickly switch channel on the tv and go back to the game, and after 5 minutes the problem is back. After a month, it stars to get annoying . And I understand that is a inherited flaw of the gchd software ?

Im using the Kaico hdmi adapter. If im not mistaking, i have to plug in (haven't done it yet) the original gamecube audio cable and turn off something in the gchd software correct ? If yes, is there another way to fix this problem without the need of the gc audio cables ? Ive read somewhere that someone plugged in to the gchd some kind of a tuner/ splitter ( no idea what the device was) that can fix this problem ?
MichiS97

Re: Audio drift with GCHD ?

Post by MichiS97 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:00 pm

Okay so first off: Never ever buy a product by Kaico or Bitfunx. They make profits by stealing hardware and software designs from actual developers and produce nothing but poor-quality clones.

Now, for a solution: If your TV supports getting audio from analog inputs while using an HDMI input, then you can use an original GameCube composite out cable to output audio through that. No change in the GCVideo settings should be required. Another option is simply using an HDMI audio extractor which will otuput audio through an optical cable which your TV will definitely support. So the idea is to either not use the audio from the GCVideo adapter at all and use the analog out for audio instead or to introduce an additional step in your HDMI "chain". so some device between the GCVideo plug and the TV: However, you can also try to enter the advanced settings of GCVideo and enable the "Sample Rate Hack" and see if that improves your situation
Papy.G

Re: Audio drift with GCHD ?

Post by Papy.G » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:14 pm

Isn't this problem more TV set related?

I have a poor quality clone, maybe poorer than Bitfunx's, and never noticed such audio issue, although I'm on v2.4 FW.
No need to bash poor quality gear when it does the job. My SD2SP2 is made of trashpicked materials, and I never had any issue, apart from getting electric shocks from time to time (clothes material related).

Try tinkering with your set audio settings.

Avoid using "GCHD", it's confusing as it sounds like you're referring to this specific Digital AV device.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)