Is There Any Way to add files to a GC ISO (in DVD rom format) without making it non-bootable?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
GK6475

Is There Any Way to add files to a GC ISO (in DVD rom format) without making it non-bootable?

Post by GK6475 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:01 pm

So, I want to put some files in a Swiss GC ISO in such a way that certain emulators can read the files. I've tried editing the ISO contents with ISO editing software, although this makes the ISO non-bootable in my GC-Loader. I want to do this for potentially better read speeds and to improve audio streaming performance when emulating CD titles. Can anyone help?
Andross89

Re: Is There Any Way to add files to a GC ISO (in DVD rom format) without making it non-bootable?

Post by Andross89 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:56 am

GK6475 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:01 pm
So, I want to put some files in a Swiss GC ISO in such a way that certain emulators can read the files. I've tried editing the ISO contents with ISO editing software, although this makes the ISO non-bootable in my GC-Loader. I want to do this for potentially better read speeds and to improve audio streaming performance when emulating CD titles. Can anyone help?
It would be something like this:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=657
GK6475

Re: Is There Any Way to add files to a GC ISO (in DVD rom format) without making it non-bootable?

Post by GK6475 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:39 am

That helps, thanks. I was able to get it working by creating a data ISO first, then adding GCM HEX data to the top of the data ISO. Read speeds on GC Loader are certainly way faster than my old SD card in an SD GECKO.