PAL Gamecube with GCLoader on NTSC CRT

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
retroworldseries

PAL Gamecube with GCLoader on NTSC CRT

Post by retroworldseries » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:05 am

New to the GC Loader thing so be gentle lol.

Recently received a PAL Gamecube with GCLoader installed. I only have the NTSC composite cable for it. Is there anyway to get this to display in color on a NTSC CRT? I've got it forced to display 480i in the global settings so its stable but still black and white.

Is it just because its a PAL console on an NTSC TV or the composite multiout cable? I thought GCLoader/Swiss could get around that issue.

The ROMs on it are NTSC but display B&W as well

Yes I do know component/SCART cables exist for it, but I am trying to get it to work with composite without resorting to that. Thanks in advance
Extrems

Re: PAL Gamecube with GCLoader on NTSC CRT

Post by Extrems » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:51 am

The built-in video encoder is incapable of outputting NTSC, so component is your only option.
Papy.G

Re: PAL Gamecube with GCLoader on NTSC CRT

Post by Papy.G » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:54 pm

The Pal Gamecube natively outputs RGB signal, in the US, it's the main reason to get one.
Is it that difficult to find a CRT TV with RGB inputs? Is it easier to get one with Component inputs?
RGB cable may be harder to find than a component solution, but cheaper.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)