Famicom 30th Anniversary specials

All things Wii-U can be discussed in here!
AC_Orange

Famicom 30th Anniversary specials

Post by AC_Orange » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:25 am

Did you guys get all these? I actually missed out on Baloon Fight which I played lots back in the day. F-Zero and Punch Out not at all but being .30c I bought them anyway. So glad Super Metroid was a part of the promotion.

January – Balloon Fight
February – F-Zero
March – Punch Out!!
April – Kirby’s Adventure
May – Super Metroid
June – Yoshi
July – Donkey Kong

If anyone knows what the next game is going to be please post here, my Wii U doesn't get used much since I finished New Mario Bros WiiU but it is about to change with Pikmin 3 coming out soon
tueidj

Re: Famicon 30th Anniversary specials

Post by tueidj » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:37 am

I think Donkey Kong is the last one, it was the final title listed when the promotion was announced in January.
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:11 am

Oh okay, for some reason I thought it would be a year long thing. Thanks
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:51 am

I've bought them all.. came close to missing out on Metroid I think when I was overseas. So far, finished F-Zero, DK, Punch-out and Super Metroid.

Nintendo is smart, releasing 30 cent games when the minimum store credit you can add is $10?
AC_Orange

Re: Famicom 30th Anniversary specials

Post by AC_Orange » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:28 am

Nice, I haven't finished any of them yet. Yeah I don't think I'll buy anything with the rest of the money until I get my old VC games hopefully half price or 1/4, not sure what Nintendo is planning to do
Nukatha

Post by Nukatha » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:26 pm

emu_kidid wrote:I've bought them all.. came close to missing out on Metroid I think when I was overseas. So far, finished F-Zero, DK, Punch-out and Super Metroid.

Nintendo is smart, releasing 30 cent games when the minimum store credit you can add is $10?
With the 3DS eshop, you can always opt to add exactly what you need for any given purchase. For example: You have $1.34 and you buy something for $4.99, you can plug in your credit card number and only injure it $3.65.

While I don't have a Wii U yet, I'd like to hope that's how Nintendo is running it. By comparison, the Wii is rather annoying, considering how it only offers the purchase of 1000 points at a time. I've had 200 on my Wii for ages that I have not spent.
Ashen

Re: Famicom 30th Anniversary specials

Post by Ashen » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:20 pm

The WiiU allows you to purchase with the exact dollar amount by CC, at least it does here in the US. I recently purchased the New Luigi U DLC and it ended up being like 22 something with tax and stuff and it charged right to my CC the exact amount.