My Wii U disc drive is pretty loud

All things Wii-U can be discussed in here!
Cubelover

My Wii U disc drive is pretty loud

Post by Cubelover » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:35 pm

So I got a new black Wii U and was wondering why the disc drive is louder than my PS3. It's silent with no disc in the drive but once you put a disc in the drive it spins like crazy. It seems as though data is read all the time unlike the PS3's disc drive that loads data into memory, stops reading (spins slower) and starts reading (spins faster) whenever you get to a new location or new enemies are showing up. It won't stop spinning crazy even when you exit the game. It's very distracting. Anyone have the same issue?
megalomaniac

Re: My Wii U disc drive is pretty loud

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:27 pm

there is a noisy fix on youtube to bend the tabs back if thats the problem...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
manic.blood

Post by manic.blood » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Thanks megalomaniac, we ve just got our hands on a Wii u recently and it has mysteriously beeen becoming increasingly louder.I think this is the solution. I always like to check here or gbatemp first before using Youtube and such
Cubelover

Post by Cubelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:36 am

What's the youtube link to this video? All I can find are videos for the original Wii, which doesn't have the problem the Wii U has.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:00 am

thought i saw one labeled wiiu disc drive fix...instead its just people posting videos about having noise issues
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image