Wait, Gamecube Adapter compatability for Wii Virtual Console?

All things Wii-U can be discussed in here!
Diminuendo

Wait, Gamecube Adapter compatability for Wii Virtual Console?

Post by Diminuendo » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:46 am

So I was looking into buying Mariokart 64 on the Wii for my girlfriend and noticed the page incuded the Gamecube Adapter in the available controllers section. Here is the link;

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/yp ... 0gLcT7KGSy

I think this option is for adding GC controller functionality to Wiis without the ports, but I was hoping it also applied to Wii Us in Wii mode.

Would anyone be able to confirm the fuctionality?
tueidj

Re: Wait, Gamecube Adapter compatability for Wii Virtual Console?

Post by tueidj » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Pretty safe bet that it's a mistake and someone used the wrong icon, it's meant to be an ordinary gamecube controller (without the adapter).
Phobos

Post by Phobos » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:54 pm

If you can, I'd recommend picking it up on the WiiU VC rather than the Wii; there's an odd issue with the Wii version whereby it's very easy to accidentally send the kart into a spin when inputting a power slide, but this is fixed in the WiiU version, plus you can then use the Gamepad/Pro Controller (the latter works beautifully for MK64, and off-TV on the Gamepad is very nice).
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:34 am

No. The Gamecube adapter is exclusively for the game Super Smash Bros for Wii U.
It's not known why. At least I can't say I've heard any developer come forward and admit they wanted to support it, or had asked Nintendo and were turned down.