How to install homebrew on GameCube.

Find all your GameCube topics here
MollyJanet

How to install homebrew on GameCube.

Post by MollyJanet » Tue May 04, 2021 3:15 pm

I’m totally new to the world of GameCube homebrew. Basically at the moment all I want to do is use my gameboy player and I don’t have a disc. I believe you can launch Swiss two ways though an action replay and a though a save exploit.

I would like to do the save exploit route because it’s the cheapest option. But I don’t understand how you would set it up?
Papy.G

Re: How to install homebrew on GameCube.

Post by Papy.G » Tue May 04, 2021 10:04 pm

Welcome.

Getting a save exploit set up is kinda chicken and egg riddle, you first have to acces to a gamecube that can run homebrew, a gc compatble wii, or a friend, or e-bay seller, can do it for you.

It's quite easy, you have to put at least 2 files on a memcard, the hacked save file for the game you'll use, and the homebrew you want to use at first, we usually put boot forwarders (dolaunchers), but it can be gbi as well, as long as the memcard has enough free space.
If you put a forwarder, you'll have to put Swiss on a sd card in an adapter (sp2 or memcard slot type).

To put such files on a memcard need to run gcmm, you can do so from the letterbomb exploit on GC compatible Wiis.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)