Can anyone help a newbie out??

Find all your GameCube topics here
WindJammer

Can anyone help a newbie out??

Post by WindJammer » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:35 pm

I’m new to this forum so hello all :D

I’m using a bootable Swiss disk, Xeno chip, and an SD Gecko which came bundled in deal I bought online. On the SD card there’s a folder named swiss_patches with a ton of files that make zero sense to me. Do I need this folder?

How do I get in game reset to work? Ive turned the option on in Swiss and I know the button combo, but it says I need a file called igr.dol which I don’t have. I’ve looked in the swiss_patches folder with no luck. I’m a bit lost so I’d be great full for any help.
Extrems

Re: Can anyone help a newbie out??

Post by Extrems » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:41 pm

WindJammer wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:35 pm
I’m using a bootable Swiss disk, Xeno chip, and an SD Gecko which came bundled in deal I bought online. On the SD card there’s a folder named swiss_patches with a ton of files that make zero sense to me. Do I need this folder?
These are patched fragments for each game's disc image. You don't need it, but they'll be recreated when you a load a game.
WindJammer wrote:
How do I get in game reset to work? Ive turned the option on in Swiss and I know the button combo, but it says I need a file called igr.dol which I don’t have. I’ve looked in the swiss_patches folder with no luck. I’m a bit lost so I’d be great full for any help.
Simply put any DOL as igr.dol in the root directory.
WindJammer

Re: Can anyone help a newbie out??

Post by WindJammer » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:54 pm

Extrems wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:41 pm
WindJammer wrote:
These are patched fragments for each game's disc image. You don't need it, but they'll be recreated when you a load a game.
WindJammer wrote:
Simply put any DOL as igr.dol in the root directory.
Thank you.

So other then my backup games are there any required files I need to add on my SD card for everything to be working properly?

edit: So I changed gbi.dol to igr.dol and as soon I pressed the button combo I got a black screen with the GBA boot up sound. Do I need a specific dol file?