Find all your GameCube topics here
Mr. Sheep

What is the best GCVideo adapter?

Post by Mr. Sheep » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:28 pm

Or are they all about the same?
Papy.G

Re: What is the best GCVideo adapter?

Post by Papy.G » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Everything depends of the console you have (DOL-001/DOL-101/RVL-001), the display you want to hook it to, and wether you want to modify your console, and are skilled enough to do it.

Seems that you go the Carby way, it is the most serious plug'n'play product (built to industrial standards), and not that bad in terms of pricing. As plug'n'play options goes, there are some cheaper ones that really feel cheaper, and more expensive ones as well, for specific needs.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
SkydivinGirl

Post by SkydivinGirl » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:41 am

If you are looking at external options, go with what has the highest build quality. From everything I've seen and read, they are all about the same video quality. I went with the GCDual internal option but it's more of an Advanced level mod.

Good luck!

Heather
turnerl

Post by turnerl » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:36 am

I went with the Carby V2 and mClassic great combination!
Haydinho

Post by Haydinho » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:51 am

They all run the same software as far as i am aware, so it comes down to differences in hardware and if you prefer an internal mode or plug and play.

Carby V2 is a great plug and play option for most users due to build quality and price point.