Controller won't stop rumbling...!

Find all your GameCube topics here
cearp

Controller won't stop rumbling...!

Post by cearp » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:48 pm

I've had this controller since launch day, and was working fine up until recently:
A few days ago I connected 2 controller extension cables in port 1 and 2, they've been working fine.
I tested out some settings in Swiss, I think I turned on 'force widescreen', and 'boot via ipl'. When I started the game, the controller 2 was rumbling non-stop, and keeps rumbling unless I remove it.
I'm not sure exactly what caused it, but I want to fix my controller!

I read here the power to the rumble is always being sent to the controller, and that there's a transistor in the controller that toggles the power to the rumble motor. I guess this is the problem.
Any more information, any ideas if this is replaceable?

I could remove the rumble motors, but then I might as well just use my wavebird - I prefer the normal controller because of the rumble.

Thanks
Papy.G

Re: Controller won't stop rumbling...!

Post by Papy.G » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:58 pm

I had rumble forever with bad connections, wether on extension cables, or bad plug, or damaged wire.
First, get rid of the extensions, then, check your connectors (console and controller side), and at last, check your controller cable, wires can get cut just at the controller.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)