AV cables poor quality

Find all your GameCube topics here
MichelKesin

AV cables poor quality

Post by MichelKesin » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:52 am

When I bought my GameCube it didnt come whit any cables so I bought third party ones. They are all very cheaply made but I need replacement for the av cables because they are outputting poor quality image. Is there any other good av cables?
retro

Re: AV cables poor quality

Post by retro » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:36 am

Does your GameCube come with the Digital Port?
If yes, you can pickup any of the various GCVideo devices in the market such as the Carby or Prism or GCHD
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:20 am

If you have a digital display (pixel based), the digital AV options are probably the best, you have the GCPlug that is the cheapest. Otherwise, if you use a scan-based display (CRT) you may better go for a contemporary AV cable, s-video or RGB based on your console region, there are modern high quality ones too, unless your CRT supports 480p, there you may prefer a digital option.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
capzlk

Post by capzlk » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:01 pm

carby clones are on sale on aliexpress now for about 42 eur, almost the price of a GCPlug :) i'd grab one of those while the deal lasts, they usually go for around 60 on ali, or 70 on amazon :)
that will set you up for using a modern tv or monitor
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:43 pm

To be honest, original Carby's aren't that much more expensive and you'd support the actual person behind developing/maintaining them.