Is it possible? Replacing GC cutscenes in games for higher quality ones, e.g PC or PS2

Find all your GameCube topics here
GeCiBot

Is it possible? Replacing GC cutscenes in games for higher quality ones, e.g PC or PS2

Post by GeCiBot » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:44 am

Hi all

I thought I'd try a little project to replace the cutscenes in my GameCube copy of Superman Shadow of Apokolips with the PS2 one which seems to be less compressed. For full context, I've got GCLoader so in theory disc size is no longer a limit or is it? GCrebuilder shows the Superman ISO has a file for each cutscene so it sounds like it could be an easy job especially if the PS2 version is easily accessible. Probably involves ripping the PS2 cutscenes, converting them to the GameCube format and using GCrebuilder to create a new ISO.

I thought someone has probably already tried this so I thought I'd reach out to the GCforever forums and ask the following:
  • Does anyone know if the GameCube still needs to read ISO's that fit to the 1.4GB size or if larger file size ISO's could be accepted?
  • I know I can't go too high on the bitrate - does some one know what bitrate the GameCube can take for its videos?
Thanks in advance for comments and feedback.