Swiss 0.5 issues

Find all your GameCube topics here
iXeNIV

Swiss 0.5 issues

Post by iXeNIV » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:20 am

Hello everyone, I am a new user, and I don't know much about swiss and what's related to GC. Well I want to make swiss launch the games automatically without pressing A each time, and waiting for patching process.
Second thing, when I quit a game using D-Pad down+B+Z+R, it redirects me to Memory Card Slot A, meanwhile the games are in Slot B, is there a way to make swiss go directly to games list?
Papy.G

Re: Swiss 0.5 issues

Post by Papy.G » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:10 pm

How do you run Swiss? I suspect you didn't set a valid writeable media to save its settings and games patches.

Seems like game autorun is a feature of v 0.6, update it from github/Swiss/releases.
Patches are supposed to be written only once for a given game, provided you don't change the settings before each launch.
IGR will be Z+start+A with v 0.6.
Swiss has a preferred order to display folders on startup, not sure why you would have an SD card in your memory slot A, specifically if there are no games or homebrews on it to run...
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
iXeNIV

Post by iXeNIV » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:19 pm

How to set a valid writeable media?, because my swiss (Using Disc) it always patch the games each launch, when I check the SD card I find the patches, yet every time I launch the game even the same game, it shows patching process.
And My slot A has memory card to save games, my Slot B has SD Card, when I quit a game to return to swiss to launch another game, swiss redirect me to Slot A instead of Slot B where I have to select Slot B manually to show games again :/
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:03 am

First put an updated Swiss on the root of the SD, then, duplicate it as boot.dol. From now on, the disc's Swiss will automatically launch the SD's. When in SWISS v0.6, set it with the gear icon and don't forget the preferred save media.
You'll have to put an IGR shortcut on the SD too, the one from the disc may be nice if it's not just a Swiss copy.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
iXeNIV

Post by iXeNIV » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:35 pm

Much appreciated man, I followed your steps, and swiss redirects me to games list as I wanted, the only issue that swiss still patch games for each launch, how to skip that?, it's really annoying waiting it to patch the same game over and over.
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:43 pm

iXeNIV wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:35 pm
Much appreciated man, I followed your steps, and swiss redirects me to games list as I wanted, the only issue that swiss still patch games for each launch, how to skip that?, it's really annoying waiting it to patch the same game over and over.
Unfortunately, this can not be disabled. But there are old versions that only do this procedure with multiple executables. And there are older versions that do not in any game.

Depending on the games you own, you may not need new versions.